length of survival?

mambahbb

13 hours ago, Lrrr Ruler of OP8 said:

I'm currently trying for the 500 day trophy, I assume after that I wouldn't actually want to go much further ;)

Even the 200 day one gets very monotonous. Having obtained that (the only one I hadn't gotten.. nailed it just a few days before Wintermute released) I'm in no hurry to go for the new 500 day achievement.

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking about this the other day, at some point every resource must be depleted and you won't have any more tools. I guess at which point your only option is catching rabbits with stones and eating them raw (unless you can start a fire with just sticks at some point, never maxed my firemaking). But how long would it take to get there?

4 hours ago, Hackfleisch said:

I was thinking about this the other day, at some point every resource must be depleted and you won't have any more tools.
But how long would it take to get there?

Someone, I don't recall who off the top of my head, crunched the numbers on this... even without playing ultra-conservatively, it's possible to go something like 4000-5000 days. And that's without taking into account all the loot that washes up on the shore at CH over time.

Archived