Increase frequency of Aurora in Sandbox Mode

thekillergreece

6 minutes ago, F.low said:

There is no Aurora in survival mode confirmed. It's a bug (?) or deliberate decision but the tag that enables it in the code has not been flipped.

Sorry.. but @thekillergreece personally checked with Raphael.. it's definitely in.. but it's entirely random, so you might have to wait a long time before you see one.

(And I'm curious as to just how exactly you know that "the tag that enables it in the code has not been flipped". Do you have any evidence to back this claim up?)

I don't know if it's allowed to quote Reddit threads in here, but 'zeobviouslyfakeacc', who has dissected the code succesfully for multiple times already, quoted a few lines of code which show that the Aurora is still disabled.

Also, I have not seen the Aurora yet with 30+ days of sandbox plays since release, nor has anyone I know. There have been reports of it being out for very, very short times, but I personally suspect it has just been people misinterpreting the sky. I trust the reports of a full player base (there is not a single player here or on Reddit with some nice Sandbox Aurora stories / screenshots), over the previously faulty accounts of a developer.

Whatever we conclude, I'll have to agree with the OP that either the Aurora needs to be enabled altogether or at least be increased in frequency.

7 minutes ago, F.low said:

I don't know if it's allowed to quote Reddit threads in here, but 'zeobviouslyfakeacc', who has dissected the code succesfully for multiple times already, quoted a few lines of code which show that the Aurora is still disabled.

Is that pre-patch 4, or post-patch 4 code he's talking about? Because Patch 4, released just 3 days ago, is what's supposed to have fixed it.

6 minutes ago, F.low said:

Also, I have not seen the Aurora yet with 30+ days of sandbox plays since release, nor has anyone I know. There have been reports of it being out for very, very short times, but I personally suspect it has just been people misinterpreting the sky.

See this post by a respected member of this forum. (click on the title to go to the thread.) 

That's post patch code, see this thread (I apologize for the polarizing title) posted one day ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/thelongdark/comments/6rz06i/the_developers_lied_auroras_are_disabled_in/.

While you might have developed a good relationship with the other posters, I'm new so I don't immediately trust a report like this. Thing is, with reports this far and few in between, I think we can all agree that it's either still bugged or the frequency is way too low. Right?

12 minutes ago, F.low said:

3 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Is that pre-patch 4, or post-patch 4 code he's talking about? Because Patch 4, released just 3 days ago, is what's supposed to have fixed it.

Actrually, it was definitely pre-patch.. because 'zeobviouslyfakeacc' has posted that "Update: /u/patrickhinterland checked with the tech team and a fix is underway. Huzzah!"

So that aspect of Patch 4 occurred because of the investigation done by 'zeobviouslyfakeacc'.

Archived