Can't talk to jeremiah

hankey

Did you try poking him with a stick?

Just kidding. Do you have the Old Bear's Ear in your 'collectibles' screen? If not, did you touch the bear after shooting it the sixth and last time? 

The Bear Hunt is poorly scripted and thus riddled with bugs. You must not deviate from the intended path otherwise it might screw up your game. Here's a small guide on how to get it done properly: 

I managed to get through this part by cheesing (recommended as of now until the quest is fixed): make your way to the "possible Old Bear's location" on the map, the game should automatically save progress when you're near it. Crouch, find a vantage point, try to locate the Old Grissly and shoot it from a safe distance (to avoid unnecessary tackle). When you shoot, keep your eyes peeled for a blood splatter. When you see it, confirm the hit by opening your journal and check out the progress indicator (it should read 1/6 for your first hit). Confirm the bear took flight, too. If he's not around anymore, move on to the next designated area. This is a HEAVILY SCRIPTED (albeit poorly) QUEST, and you have to do it 'to the letter' to avoid bugs. If you shoot and the counter doesn't acknowledge it, quit and reload your save. Keep at it until it registers. 

After shooting it six times, the bear dies (finally) and you get to keep all the meat plus the Old Bear's ear. Return it to Jeremiah. 

GAME BREAKING BUG (on Xbox One) past this point: auroras are disabled for the duration of the Bear Hunt quest (Jeremiah's Folly), and it won't come back after you're finished with the bear hunt. This is said to be fixed by Patch 4 which unfortunately is not yet available on Xbox One. Pending approval. 

I completed the quest and I can no longer gain more trust, as soon as I went in the cabin the cut scene started, after that I couldn't interact with him anymore. I still have the ear, I don't think I went out of went out of the path during the hunt, I can't remember that I did.

I'm having the same issue. I completed the quest and collected the ear and headed back to Jeremiah.  Once I got inside nothing happens. I can walk up to him and gain trust but that's it. No cut scene or anything. I'm also not showing the ear in my collection. So, I went back to the bear to see if I overlooked something. I skinned it out and took some meat. Made the trek all the way back to Jeremiah and same thing happens. Hopefully there's a fix. 

Archived