UPDATE: PS4 EU Launch

Guest mcbernard

Guest mcbernard

Hello Survivors,

We have received an update regarding the PS4 launch in countries governed by PEGI. The game will be available on Wednesday, August 9, at 12:01 AM. You will also get a 10% discount.

It will include all the fixes since The Long Dark launched in other territories. This should mean a more stable experience from the start.

5 hours ago, Zambayoshi said:

The Long Dark still hasn't been rated for PS4 by the Australian Classification Board. Any update? Is this game even submitted for rating on PS4 in Australia? It has been rated for XBox One only, it seems.

I thought Australia, used the p.e.g.i. system

What is quite concerning, is the fact that the Classification Board website lists the rating as "Xbox One" when other games e.g. Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (rated on 1 August 2017) are listed as "Multi Platform" ( http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=UU8O7pB9y%2b1E1OQ03Y2FRQ%3d%3d&ncdctx=lNX4SrDwFOGqmNvKG79hKBUOsUoCRKUhzfcnsR3EluRqawLmVA0tWHsHBG9lWpXU ) 

This suggests to me that the PS4 version of The Long Dark was either not submitted for classification along with the Xbox One version, or has not been submitted for classification at all.

I have tweeted the devs twice over the last couple of days and left a message on Facebook, but no reply about the Australian release on PS4. I'd be really grateful for anyone from the team to provide any reassurance whatsoever that an Australian PS4 release is imminent.

Oh my, and now I see that they could have done this for a week (when the first patches were made). That's just not acceptable.

First they launch a game that is crashing even when doing pretty basic things. I can't believe that anyone played through this without the game crashing; it's impossible to avoid. This means one of two things: either they had NO QA at all or they were desperate to launch the game. Both are wrong things to do.

Second so when they realize they have a problem, they stop caring about EU customers, choosing to put out the terrible 1.00 version.

I'm going for a refund. If Hinterland won't give it to me, Sony will and they will have to answer to them how they could put out a game with so many obvious crashes and bugs. Never seen anything like it on the PS store. Just gave the game a one-star rating. A shame, when the game is actually 5 stars but is ruined these basic problems.

Archived