Snow shoes

Cbarre23

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, they should be made using gut and cured birch saplings or maple saplings. And a mechanic would need to be added that gave them purpose.

Most areas of the game, it's quite obvious that despite the horrific blizzards occuring regularly, the snow cover is rather spare.  In deep snow, snowshoes would actually increase your speed, and reduce calories burned by reducing the effort needed to travel through it.  They would also reduce how quickly  your boots and pants got wet from contact with snow.  At this time though, none of those things are really accounted for as "drawbacks or penalties". (except the wet shoes from walking through snow at all)  Implementing this would require applying a formula to every square inch of every map though, and I think its far more than we can hope for. 

2 hours ago, TROY said:

Actually, they should be made using gut and cured birch saplings or maple saplings. And a mechanic would need to be added that gave them purpose.

Most areas of the game, it's quite obvious that despite the horrific blizzards occuring regularly, the snow cover is rather spare.  In deep snow, snowshoes would actually increase your speed, and reduce calories burned by reducing the effort needed to travel through it.  They would also reduce how quickly  your boots and pants got wet from contact with snow.  At this time though, none of those things are really accounted for as "drawbacks or penalties". (except the wet shoes from walking through snow at all)  Implementing this would require applying a formula to every square inch of every map though, and I think its far more than we can hope for. 

Probably....regardless I would prefer they fix Jerimiah's flare cache, and the elevator in the Dam for the final Episode 2 quest first....

You would probably prefer they fix items disappearing when placing them on the floor in the farm in Pleasant Valley....

Archived