Manual save

Cbarre23

I love this game. I'm currently playing version 1.05 on ps4 and its buggier than a swamp in autumn. Evey 5 to 10 minutes it crashes back to the ps4 dashboard when I try and go through a door. Because of this and having to back track repeatedly due to constant crashes I think a manual save is in order until this problem is resolved.

Manual save is not an option, for obvious reasons - abuse potential.

This happens with fresh games, be patient and wait for them to flesh the game out. Quite a few people report similar issues on consoles, my guess is they are already hot on the fixes.

But manual save is a no - it would not solve anything, only create so much more problems.

I keep browsing these forums and seeing that the new mode is full of bugs and breaks...

But then I always see after it that a new update has been released fixing stuff. Seriously, the game's been out for a week and it has received 6 fixes! That is some dedication Hinterland.

Good job!

I hope that when I'm able to play it in a week the game might be so polished that my console version might be as spotless as the PC one (hopefully).

55 minutes ago, henroe32 said:

Seriously, the game's been out for a week and it has received 6 fixes! That is some dedication Hinterland.

Dedication, yes.. but that is probably an industry record for number of patches in the first week (and we're still not done!) for a new game. Sorry, but it speaks far louder of really badly done playtesting before release, than it does about dedication after the fact.

6 hours ago, JAFO said:

Dedication, yes.. but that is probably an industry record for number of patches in the first week (and we're still not done!) for a new game. Sorry, but it speaks far louder of really badly done playtesting before release, than it does about dedication after the fact.

You can't blame them; there was a massive rush when the trailers came out saying that the game WAS coming out on August 1st. Perhaps if they hadn't said that they would have released it a week later with all thesr patches but I think the last thing anyone wanted was another delay. I mean, if you look at Valve and the Half Life franchise that was delayed massively and the end product was amazing however it came out at a time when updates weren't as common place. I think all they wanted to do was just get it out and stop chasing perfection.

ATM Auto-save happen when you sleep and when entering building. I Sleep an hour before entering a building just in case of a crash. 

Twice I lost the save file. Yep re-start from the very beginning because a crash happened while Auto-saving therefore corrupting data...

Manual save inside building or in range of a 1hour+ burning fire would be the same as now without the risk of corrupting data . I sleep 1 hours to auto-save all the time working around the crashes, but loosing save file is  ridiculous.

If you specify when someone can save there won't be  "abuse potential" more then now...

PLEASE CONSIDER MANUAL SAVE/LOADING  'cause re-starting  20 hours+ gameplay TWICE is killing the game.

3 hours ago, henroe32 said:

You can't blame them; there was a massive rush when the trailers came out saying that the game WAS coming out on August 1st. Perhaps if they hadn't said that they would have released it a week later with all thesr patches but I think the last thing anyone wanted was another delay.

Then they ought to have factored sufficient testing time into their plans before announcing the date, shouldn't they?  PPPPPP.

(Proper Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance)

8 hours ago, henroe32 said:

I haven't played it yet but they certainly give the game fixes faster than other developers (cough*Bethesda*cough)

That's called "Panic Patching". They blithely walked right into a dev's worst nightmare.. huge numbers of game-killing bugs on Release Day. This is about trying to save their reputation before sales start plummeting.

49 minutes ago, JAFO said:

That's called "Panic Patching". They blithely walked right into a dev's worst nightmare.. huge numbers of game-killing bugs on Release Day. This is about trying to save their reputation before sales start plummeting.

Pretty much, mini No Man's Sky situation.

9 hours ago, henroe32 said:

I haven't played it yet but they certainly give the game fixes faster than other developers (cough*Bethesda*cough)

At least you can save and load games on launch with Bethesda games lol

This game breaks saves every update.

7 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

And I have not had a save bug on my game yet. And I've played story mode since day one.

What platform are you playing on? Because without that information, your post is meaningless. The vast majority of save bugs are in the console releases.

They very easily could have released the game on August 1 as an "Open Beta" version and request all their dedicated fans assist them in play testing the final release this month.

Then after a month of patching declare the "Official Final Release" on September 1st. That would have been infinitely more easy to swallow, than calling this the final release.

I would have loved to have helped, I still would!

7 minutes ago, JAFO said:

What platform are you playing on? Because without that information, your post is meaningless. The vast majority of save bugs are in the console releases.

I am playing on both PC and my friends PS4...I have had problems on neither.

I've never had a problem on my PC and both myself and my friend have (luckily) apparently never had a problem on his PS4.

Archived