RNG Hypothermia

CalNieDaGtarGuy

I got to thinking about it, and I really depend upon the hypothermia percentage bar. I usually never feel the urge to start a fire until I'm about halfway to hypothermia. To combat this and make it more difficult (I know, I know, don't chew me out) I though that we could keep the percentage system, but with each increase, you have an increasing chance of getting hypothermia. (Ex. 2% is extremely low chance of getting it, but 75% is pretty likely. What do you all think?

I don't have a problem with this. I feel like the percentage bar is there to rely upon because it takes some time before hypothermia develops once the person starts freezing. I don't necessarily want it to work any way differently, but I don't have a problem with it - if anything, I believe Hypothermia needs to be more deadly than it currently is because as long as it is not on Interloper, the Hypothermia is really not that much of an issue.

I feel like there should just be a random chance to contract it immediately if the bar is anywhere over the 50%. Not gradually more, just a solid chance of contracting the sickness if the bar is kept above 50%, and sure-way sickness if the percentage reaches 100.

I believe there simply should not be any indication about the level of hypothermia risk. When it's really cold, you start to get numb and don't feel the cold anymore... No indication would force players to make non-calculated, more intuitive choices. When you get "risk of hypothermia", you just know that the longer you wait, the more hazardous it will be. Nothing more !  :)

Archived