Unable to move in Wintermute

Hackfleisch

I've had this game for a while, always played with a controller (first 360, then Steam), always worked fine. But now I wanna try the new story mode and only camera movement works. So I'm stuck right at the beginning, looking at the fire, unable to do anything other than turn the camera a bit to look at the moon and the auroras. While it is rather peaceful, I have a feeling there's supposed to be more to the story than this. Anyone know a fix for this problem? Again, I play with the Steam controller and controls work fine in Survival mode (although all of my savefiles have disappeared since the game launched officially, but whatever, devs probably had a reason for that)

Have you pulled the piece of metal out of Will's hand yet? If not, just look at it and click the mouse button(Or whatever equivalent on controller) repeatedly, much like a wolf attack. 

If that isn't it, can we get a screenshot of where you are stuck?

If you are even unable to remove the metal shard from your hand, thenI had the same "unable to move" problem but on the start of day 3. I could use the SPACE menu but nothing else. I reported it on the Report Bug part of the forum, if you do one report as well it might take the deve attention to this bug.

I knew that turning to the internet for help would lead to me embarrassing myself. I could hardly see a hand, let alone a shard, so now I suspect the brightness settings on my TV were the cause of the problem and I had no idea I was supposed to do something. I'll try again tonight and hope that is indeed the problem >_>

Archived