(Spoilers) Episode 2 - Let me Help you with the Caches !

KANDANG

A) To get the Forest Talker Achievement, look at the following picture:-

http://imgur.com/a/ZPWWg

B) For the Mystery Lake Supply Caches, I have found the following 6. However, there are more to be found and I've yet to obtain the achievement.

http://imgur.com/a/I9hSf

Mystery Lake x 3

- Alan's Cave
- Beside Forlorn Muskeg Entrance
- Clearcut stump 

Broken Railroad x 2
- near Hunter's Lodge in the Maintenance Yard map
- End of the Broken Railroad line, there's a jeep there and found a note there which asks me to head to Forlorn Muskeg to find the cache

Forlorn Muskeg x 1
- Forlorn Muskeg at the train towards the entrance of Broken Railroad entrance, a note there will ask you to head to the Ravine.

xxx Please let me know if you manage to find the rest xxx

Looks like we're missing this one atm, hopefully after a bug fix we'll be able to get the achievement :) (thx Ruruwawa for the pic) 

http://www.hinterlandforums.com/uploads/monthly_2017_08/598ce367d9797_MLcaches.jpg.158adadd89cb000c4b9edcb37229eabd.jpg

C) Hank's Prepper Code in Mystery Lake

To get the quest, finish the bear quest by Jeremiah and head to the unnamed pond. There will be a body next to a fireplace. Loot the body for the "Hank's Hatch" side-quest.
After the patch, I was able to complete the quest.

Anyone find anymore caches or Hank's journal pages?

edit*

STEAM PATCH 5 For The Long Dark -- Updates the game to Version 1.07 (32337)

Patch 5 is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Full changelist below.

WARNING: There may be Story spoilers in these notes.

* Fixed issue with Rope Fall section of Episode One, where players could get stuck due to a scripting bug.
* Improved cover flow UI for Episode Selection to make it more obvious that there are two available episodes.
* Fixed issue with Aurora probability in Survival Mode. Auroras should now appear more reliably.
* Difficulty tuning of Wolves in Episode One. Struggle should be more survivable for new players.
* Fixed some camera popping in Episode One cinematics.
* Fixed scripting error in "Fix My Rifle?" that could create mission logic issues.
* Fixed issue in Bear Hunt mission where the Ear would not spawn under certain circumstances.
* Fixed issue with Mackenzie clipping through the chair in some Episode One cinematics.
* Fixed issue with missing Milton Knowledge strings.
* Fixed issue with not being able to pick up the Bear Hide in Survival School.
* Fixed issue where the note with the Code would not appear in "Hank's Hatch" side mission.

DId you have to do something to get it to start working after the patch? Before the patch i got the quest but didnt open the box in the tower.  Now Ive gone to into and out of buildings to reload the area and still havent managed to find a code.  Ive slept and gone back and nothing.  Went and touched the hatch first and tried the lock box and still only find note part 1 with no code and no journal update.  Am i missing something here?

The cache that is bugged out as KANDANG said it's the cache that you get from Jeremiah for 50 points of trust. For some reason you got trough the conversation but he does not mark it on the map and since the caches don't spawn if you have not found the note even if you know their location it's the same here - the cache simply does not spawn - at least not on Xbox.

It seems that it is fixed on PC - check out this video (props to EndGames) and you will see the location it's right next to the Jeremiah's cabin where also the cave is - 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KANDANG said:

Was able to complete the "Mystery Lake Supply cache quests" after today's patch. However, did not receive the "Cache Mastery Achievement". 

Thanks for the heads up.  I think I'll start a fresh episode 2 to do the caches.  Might be the fastest way to finish the achievement.

20 hours ago, KANDANG said:
20 hours ago, KANDANG said:

Was able to complete the "Mystery Lake Supply cache quests" after today's patch. However, did not receive the "Cache Mastery Achievement". 

How did you manage to get it? i know you have it now because i checked your steam profile

In order to get it, I had to replay an ep1 save which continued to ep2. You had to complete both ep1+2 cache quests in a single save.

Did not get the Achievement previously as my ep1 save had the bug where progress did not carry thru to ep2 (started afresh on an ep2 save).

• 4 weeks later...

I was able to complete both cache quests and get the achievement after the latest patch... I play on Xbox. The one thing I had to do was go back to Jeremiah and through all the possible conversations related to the story and then the flare cache unlocked in the journal. As soon as I opened it (it was the only one I was missing) I got the achievement and finished the mystery lake quest.

Archived