Super Stags or Blanks

The Wanderer

Okay, here we go, please don't rip me apart. I'm having problems shooting deer, but ONLY in Coastal Highway. I started my sandbox at DP, and as soon as I found the rifle I was popping deer. All single round kills. I'm bopping thumpers with rocks and trying to constantly remember not to touch the L2 button. Seriously, why is that there? Why would I throw a rock at it if I wasn't going to eat it? I mean what kind of dick throws a rock at you just to say, "hi?" So I'm looking for an axe and a hammer. Found two axes, but no hammer yet. No, don't tell me where one is, I want the surprise. I set up for an overnight at the huts on the western side of the map.

The deer were all over the lake! They weren't scarce at DP, but they weren't like this. I hunker down right in front of this one dimwit who's walking right towards me. Sighted, breathe, squeeze the trigger. POW! Right in the... How's he running like that with half his forehead gone I pondered? I crawl to the spot of impact only to find no blood trail. Fine, no one's perfect, and he's coming back anyway. I'll stay right here and let, Future-Steak (I like naming them,) walk right up to the killing floor. I was mad you see. Bullets, as far as I know, can't be crafted. And, Future-Steak, had cost me resources. You just can't walk away from that, and neither would he. POW! Why wouldn't I pull trigger?! He was close enough for me to see him blink! Well, maybe not blink, but he was close. I could've hit him with a rock for sure, that close! But I friggin' missed again! <--- I actually yelled that as I wrote it! 

So now I'm chasing this deer down. Soon as I see him stop running up ahead, I crouch down. I'm thinking to myself, screw the head shot! Lung him, put one through the heart if I'm lucky. Gruesome, sorry I know, but they're digital deer and popi's hungry! I'm thinking, okay maybe that deer is glitched. I move to broadside  one of his buddies (sorry about the italic and boldface it won't turn off) aim at the heart and fµ@#%* missed again! No blood! No cool ricochet sound, nothing! I have quit and reloaded the save THREE times now! I shit you not! Three times I've failed to even get a bloodtrail! Am I  stumbling into magic deer? Are they the spirits of venison past? Oh god?! Maybe I had a stroke. This could all be gibberish. That's why I can't turn off the boldface, it's not really there...

4 hours ago, Ape88 said:

I have noticed since the update, shooting seems more difficult.

Rifle sway has been increased, so until you level up your shooting skills (which will reduce the sway), you need to take more care with your shots. If you're tired, you'll sway more. Also, don't spend long periods of time sighting down the barrel, as sway will just get worse as your arms tire. Instead, just raise, aim, and fire.

For the bow, the arrow trajectory has been flattened slightly. So you may find mid-distance shots overshooting, as you're used to aiming a touch higher than is now necessary. It's not a big difference, but can be enough to throw you off, sometimes. Practice is all that's needed here.

18 hours ago, JAFO said:

Rifle sway has been increased, so until you level up your shooting skills (which will reduce the sway), you need to take more care with your shots. If you're tired, you'll sway more. Also, don't spend long periods of time sighting down the barrel, as sway will just get worse as your arms tire. Instead, just raise, aim, and fire.

That's what I noticed myself. Its a little frustrating but considering the circumstances of the game, I understand why.

Archived