Bear Ear still not fixed

axel2011

So if you died after getting the bears ear , you respawn in front of the bear and he dies instantly without you shooting it. when you come to it you can only take his meat and skin ., but there is no bears ear , therefore you cant finish the quest as the scene wont trigger

Just now, axel2011 said:

So if you died after getting the bears ear , you respawn in front of the bear and he dies instantly without you shooting it. when you come to it you can only take his meat and skin ., but there is no bears ear , therefore you cant finish the quest as the scene wont trigger

Dammit...

1 hour ago, Almia said:

I died too, after i got the ears, respawned, and now I got two bears, but no ears <3

..I repaired my stuff, used most of my extra clothes, but I loaded "last checkpoint" to try to fix this, saw the bear die one more time, turned into two again..all my clothes ruined again, but got the ears this time too, now I have four bears, two knifes, and a set of ears!  I'm happy! ..and I be ok again once I am able to wrap my head around what just happened

So the patch didn't just....I don't know add a bear ear to your inventory?

It keeps spawning dead bears that have no ears.....or quest items....for the quest?

Or was this never patched yet? You just can't get ears, but you can get LOTs of bear meat?

1 minute ago, Thrasador said:

So the patch didn't just....I don't know add a bear ear to your inventory?

It keeps spawning dead bears that have no ears.....or quest items....for the quest?

Or was this never patched yet? You just can't get ears, but you can get LOTs of bear meat?

I grabbed the ears while it was dying, just be quick! .. and yes, a l0t of meat too :) 

looks like this was patched today

STEAM PATCH 5 For The Long Dark -- Updates the game to Version 1.07 (32337)

Patch 5 is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Full changelist below.

WARNING: There may be Story spoilers in these notes.

* Fixed issue with Rope Fall section of Episode One, where players could get stuck due to a scripting bug.
* Improved cover flow UI for Episode Selection to make it more obvious that there are two available episodes.
* Fixed issue with Aurora probability in Survival Mode. Auroras should now appear more reliably.
* Difficulty tuning of Wolves in Episode One. Struggle should be more survivable for new players.
* Fixed some camera popping in Episode One cinematics.
* Fixed scripting error in "Fix My Rifle?" that could create mission logic issues.
* Fixed issue in Bear Hunt mission where the Ear would not spawn under certain circumstances.
* Fixed issue with Mackenzie clipping through the chair in some Episode One cinematics.
* Fixed issue with missing Milton Knowledge strings.
* Fixed issue with not being able to pick up the Bear Hide in Survival School.
* Fixed issue where the note with the Code would not appear in "Hank's Hatch" side mission.

• 2 months later...

Archived