Bear glitch

pangunio

I killed the bear and I got the ear on the first try, but I had died on the way returning to jeremiah and now I don't have the ear in my inventory after I have tried reloading from checkpoint. It just takes me to right when I killed the bear and I can't get the ear off it. Anyone know how to fix this?

The answer will probably be start over or wait x number of days/weeks for a patch.

For the Sandbox and Story I back up all my saves regularly.

Unfortunately I think yesterday's update broke the game for all saves from yesterday, so that won't help me anyway. It may have helped you though...

Update: So far my save "appears fine."

I restarted again and the exact same thing happened again. This needs to be fixed ASAP, huge gamebreaking bug and annoying as hell. I love this game and I want to keep going at it but this makes it so I have to give it up once again

6 hours ago, pangunio said:

I restarted again and the exact same thing happened again. This needs to be fixed ASAP, huge gamebreaking bug and annoying as hell. I love this game and I want to keep going at it but this makes it so I have to give it up once again

So you died again after getting the ear?

Did you back up your save game like I said to do first?

3 minutes ago, ShadowGuy said:

I got right now the same problem, after restarting the bear doesn't have ear and I don't know what to do now. Seems like just waiting another fix..

Like I said I really do support this game, but this glitch is a pretty big one. I think waiting on a fix is the only way to go.

4 hours ago, pangunio said:

I did back the game up and it still glitched, when I tried to replace the files with the backed up save it just kept me right after I killed the bear and no ear to be found.

Wow...that's ridiculous...

Did you copy the save over after quitting to desktop?

You have to close completely out of the game for it to recognize a replaced save. It's weird...it's like it keeps a temporary copy of your last save in memory, even if you delete it and swap it while the game is paused, or you are in the main menu. I'd also at least temporarily remove the checkpoint save too, so it doesn't try loading that instead....

Archived