No cutscene triggered when entering Grey Mothers house

TwistedAngel_89

When I entered Grey Mothers house, nothing happend. There should be a cutscene, where she points her rifle at you, but she just sits there in her chair by the fire. I cannot interact with her, also the objectives in my journal are not updated to the side mission with Grey Mother. Is there any way to fix this or do I have to start a whole new game? Does anyone else have this problem?

Just came here to say the same thing. I had a flare lit when I entered, if that matters. No cut scene, no interaction and if I do anything in the house I get a "Grey Mother likes you less -5" I can use the fire so not a total loss, but can't advance the story. 

Quick update - I decided to start a new game to see if I got the same error twice. I noticed as soon as I walked into Milton I was getting lines I hadn't gotten the first time (about the town being abandoned, smoke coming out of the chimney, etc) and when I walked into Milton House the cutscene triggered (yay!). I had a lit torch when I entered both times, so it doesn't seem that's what stopped it from triggering the first time? Unfortunately the only fix I've found so far is straight up starting over.

Starting over? Small price to pay I suppose. Took me a while to get out of the crevice at game start, so I could do it much faster next time. 

If I could do it without encountering those wolves again, I would in a second. I keep passing all sorts of things that could be fashioned into a wolf weapon, but no joy. 

In my case, the flare was lit prior to my entering the door. I have no idea if that is relevant or not. 

Did this happen before the patch? Or did you start a game yesterday like I did, patched it after that....and now that you got to Milton it is broken?

If so and this is about to happen to me I am going to be PISSED!

The only bonus to starting again is getting a bedroll in the first cave, but I DO NOT want to get by all the wolves again...

12 minutes ago, shadragon said:

The good thing it the 10 minute fire in the old ladies house never goes out at the moment. Suspect that's a bug, but I'm taking advantage of it. :)

I just mentioned this exact thing in another thread, it is what makes her wood request more than fair...

She wants a bunch of wood, while she's around you no longer need wood anyway...works for me...

Archived