My Ambivalence to Wintermute

piddy3825

Oh, where to begin?  Let's preface by saying after having spent approx. 1200 hours in the sandbox, this is so unexpected.  I couldn't wait to start the adventure...

I must admit, the story, the artwork and music are outstanding, but the one size fits all wildlife attack setting doesn't sit well with me considering the arthritis in my old broken mouse mashing fingers.   Yeah, I try to avoid confrontation with the wolves, using just about every trick I gleaned from evading and killing wolves in the sandbox, but no way can you evade that many wolves nor can I mouse mash that fast.  I even tried mashing left handed a few times, but now it's time to take some pain reliever and ice my poor swollen knuckles. 

So, maybe nerf the wolf attack some or bigger hit percentage when I am clicking the mouse, or maybe even put in a pilgrim playing option.  

For those of you who think I am whining to much, I probably am,  I just wanna play the story not set a world record clicking my mouse 1000 times in 3 seconds.

1 hour ago, RossBondReturns said:

I've found it's not so much about mashing fast...but being consistent.

Correct.. a steady, regular clicking pattern works best, roughly every half-second or so.

It's counter-intuitive, because you're panicking because of the attack, but slower and steady is what you need to focus on.

42 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

I will attempt to control my impulse to "panic click" which like I said is starting to take it's toll on these old bones.  

It takes its' toll on mouse buttons, too.. over the years, all my mice have had to be replaced for the same reason.. the left button died.

There is waaaay too many bugs and things broken to be that impressed after a four year wait for two episodes of a story....

Did they actually play the episodes after they finished making the episodes on a PS4, XBOX, and a PC several times....or at least once? It doesn't SEEM like they did seeing as no one on XBOX can get from episode 1 to episode 2 without starting episode 2 with no gear from the menu...

PS @JAFO I set the attack button to Turbo via Steam and just hold it down for "I win" mode....you still take damage and get hurt, but there is no losing to the game not working as intended....

5 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

there is no losing to the game not working as intended....

Hehehe.. thing is, the combat mechanic IS working as intended.. it's just that 98% of us have been doing it wrong all this time, and the 2% who knew how to do it right have never said a word about it.

19 hours ago, JAFO said:

Hehehe.. thing is, the combat mechanic IS working as intended.. it's just that 98% of us have been doing it wrong all this time, and the 2% who knew how to do it right have never said a word about it.

19 hours ago, Thrasador said:

There is waaaay too many bugs and things broken to be that impressed after a four year wait for two episodes of a story....

Did they actually play the episodes after they finished making the episodes on a PS4, XBOX, and a PC several times....or at least once? It doesn't SEEM like they did seeing as no one on XBOX can get from episode 1 to episode 2 without starting episode 2 with no gear from the menu...

PS @JAFO I set the attack button to Turbo via Steam and just hold it down for "I win" mode....you still take damage and get hurt, but there is no losing to the game not working as intended....

Funny, but I bet the 2% who knew how do it, probably didnt know they were doing it right in the first place, imho.  And @Thrasador, if you could give me the skinny on the "turbo button via Steam," I think I might be interested in exploiting that.

The game feels very linear now to me with story mode.  It used to be that I could at least find a rifle, survival bow or even an axe or knife very quickly in the sandbox, whereby dealing with wolves became easy quickly.   Or at least that's what the stack of wolf pelts led me to believe...lol

Archived