Remove crows from searched/harvested bodies

Mama

Hi developers! Let me just point it out that having crows never-ending circling over same (and searched) bodies is a feature that should be changed. It also makes harder to find new/dying animal victims if one follows the sound of the crows. Anyway...tnx for a great game.

I agree. It also seems less realistic, since there's supposedly less meat for them to harvest once you've harvested them. At the very least, maybe you could add a perk to upper-level carcass harvesting that removes crows from harvested bodies, indicating that you really scraped 'em out good. 

Not sure how this would relate to human corpses, though ...

1 hour ago, ChapnCrunch said:

I agree. It also seems less realistic, since there's supposedly less meat for them to harvest once you've harvested them. At the very least, maybe you could add a perk to upper-level carcass harvesting that removes crows from harvested bodies, indicating that you really scraped 'em out good. 

Not sure how this would relate to human corpses, though ...

Crows do not eat just the meat people do. Crows are known scavengers that will eat just about anything they can get their beaks on. 
The player takes the meat which is basically animal muscle mass, the guts which are intestines, but leaves the rest there. All the organs, and probably some leftovers on bones as well. Therefore it makes sense the crows circle around the carcasses even long after.

I like the way it is right now - in a way, the game punishes you both for few things - first wasteful behavior (not judging, I do it with the wolves all the time too) - which basically translates to "you don't harvest the carcasses to the fullest" - if you both did, they would disappear a lot faster. 

Another one is probably over-kills - if you really have a problem with this, that means you have massacred quite a lot of animals. That is just poor manners. But that's probably the "Ranger" talk coming out of me. I hunt a lot sometimes too to build up stores but there is a point at which I stop and say "that's enough for now" and focus more on other things, like firewood collection or crafting. But to each their own playstyle.

I like it this way - the crows now actually make it pretty easy to locate one´s kills, so I don't mind that they can make it a bit difficult to do that if one hunts too much. Also, why complain? At least you get a huge store of feathers. I would imagine that time will come when feathers will have some other use as well, not just for arrows.

Archived