water thief

junglegreen

Since I started playing this morning after the latest change I noticed my water stash had depleted.     Spent a day  making more,  went out hunting, came back and most of it had vanished.   Anyone else experiencing this or should I be looking for another fluffy   lol

From what I can gather in another thread about losing burnable books, stuff placed on the floor in Story Mode is disappearing....so you will need to store things in containers until this is patched....Hopefully in the near future.

I don't know how this issue will affect curing hides, guts, and saplings....

2 hours ago, Thrasador said:

don't know how this issue will affect curing hides, guts, and saplings....

Oh yeah, I've never thought about that yet. You have no choice other than to lay them on the floor. You can't cure them in a cabinet or drawer can you? I've never tried that before. I do know that my cat tail tinder, sticks and wood seem to stay on the floor all right, but I haven't tried dropping coal yet or newsprint so can't include those. I've only found 3 coal so far so I just carry them.

3 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

Oh yeah, I've never thought about that yet. You have no choice other than to lay them on the floor. You can't cure them in a cabinet or drawer can you? I've never tried that before.

No, you cannot cure them inside a container....so I hope they don't also disappear when placed on the floor...

Time to start busting out the bug reports on disappearing items that are placed on the floor....

Peculiarly most, if not all of my items in my shack in the fishing village of Coastal Highway are still there. I don't know what is causing it, but I do think something weird is up, as I entered the Carter Hydro Dam, and found that a coat, some work boots, and a sweater were placed at the entrance of the dam. inside the dam, by the way. I don't remember putting them there. 

2 hours ago, Piers Arkan said:

Peculiarly most, if not all of my items in my shack in the fishing village of Coastal Highway are still there. I don't know what is causing it, but I do think something weird is up, as I entered the Carter Hydro Dam, and found that a coat, some work boots, and a sweater were placed at the entrance of the dam. inside the dam, by the way. I don't remember putting them there. 

At this time I believe....hopefully, the missing floor item situation is somehow isolated to Story mode. It's funny @Piers Arkan, I said almost the same thing as you, but in the missing book thread I believe...

All my stuff is in CH in the fishing cabin with the workbench behind it. A vast majority of my crap is all over the floor there, and so far it is fine.

I left a bunch of sticks and Jerry Cans on the floor in the dam, I wonder if my stuff is still there too...

Did the dam reset? Is there new stuff in the lockers, and was Fluffy back, or did you not check?

7 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

At this time I believe....hopefully, the missing floor item situation is somehow isolated to Story mode. It's funny @Piers Arkan, I said almost the same thing as you, but in the missing book thread I believe...

All my stuff is in CH in the fishing cabin with the workbench behind it. A vast majority of my crap is all over the floor there, and so far it is fine.

I left a bunch of sticks and Jerry Cans on the floor in the dam, I wonder if my stuff is still there too...

Did the dam reset? Is there new stuff in the lockers, and was Fluffy back, or did you not check?

Ok so today I did a full trek back to Mystery Lake to check out the changes. Technically speaking, as far as I understand it, the placed items are not reset. They might as well be though, as there are many many maaaany new items on the ground and in spaces throughout the dam. I didn't intend it as a test, but I had left a firelog and about 40 or so sticks in the Camp office and not only were those items still there, but as was my Lantern, a parka, some birch bark, and some tool boxes. 

Containers are not reset, though many more have been added. I had previously killed fluffy, and three days staying in the area has not shown them to return. I believe I had also killed fluffy about day 40, though I am on day 70. 

I tell ya, I don't envy anyone who has to engage fluffy in the dam now. it's real tight quarters now. 

The other thread about missing items is in the Wintermute section, under "Magic Books."

I said this in that thread and the people affected so far should report additional information here as well so we can find some rhyme or reason to this bug:

We should try to pinpoint if the missing items are lost in a specific house, or any house, or maybe some houses are safe, and others are not...

So far Grey Mother's house may be safe....until someone claims otherwise....

Also for the people losing things, what game system are you playing on...Xbox, PS4 or PC? Maybe only one system is currently affected (hopefully).

And thank you very much for your report @Piers Arkan!

10 minutes ago, Piers Arkan said:

To clarify my statements: The original placement of some items placed by you in Survival should be good, but many new items have been placed by the update, and this may make those areas off limits, especially in the Dam. 

I see, well most of my stuff was on the floor right after the foyer. The rest were in lockers on the first floor near the entryway....so maybe some of it is still present. If not, I pretty much got all the good/important stuff to CH weeks ago....far before hearing that ML was undergoing changes. Whatever is left...if it is left....was crappy junk I could live without. Mostly wood, jerry cans, and tools that were below condition 40, also some duplicate low condition clothing....like a few almost broken hatchets, knives, prybars, etc.

All stuff that if it IS gone....I don't really care anyway.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:55 AM, junglegreen said:

Back  again.       Had three water   made 7 more   dropped in the house,  went out the door,  rentered and guess what   only 3 water.!!!!!

what is happening?

Are you putting them between the bed and stove at Trappers Homestead. If you put water, reclaimed wood, and some other things on the first two boards from the wall it will disappear when you leave the cabin.

17 hours ago, Winnsford said:

Are you putting them between the bed and stove at Trappers Homestead. If you put water, reclaimed wood, and some other things on the first two boards from the wall it will disappear when you leave the cabin.

No I am on coastal highway  in the large hut in the middle of the three  just across the road from the quanset hut  items on the floor to the left of the door in the lounge (bench gone for firewood).   Now storing water in the cooker.

21 hours ago, junglegreen said:

No I am on coastal highway  in the large hut in the middle of the three  just across the road from the quanset hut  items on the floor to the left of the door in the lounge (bench gone for firewood).   Now storing water in the cooker.

So you are not even playing the Story, and stuff is now disappearing in Sandbox? ! Awesome...!!!

Most of my stuff is on the ground in the fishing cabin with the workbench behind it, but I have items in other various buildings in CH as well....

If my Sandbox stuff starts vanishing, I am going to be PISSED!!!

I checked on my stuff briefly after the initial update a couple weeks ago, but I didn't check everything in every location. 

Having a bunch of bugs in the newly added story mode is one thing, but adding bugs to the sandbox is frigging ridiculous....

I guess keep reporting missing items until they patch it....

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 3:03 PM, Jeremiah said:

Ok, I'll admit it.

I've been sneaking into your home and stealing your water.

Not sorry. You'll soon learn how to survive when you run out of water, Mainlander!

Who are you calling a mainlander  happen to live on one of the best islands in the world  namely  Britain.

Archived