Still waiting on those patch notes or a change log for Wintermute....

Thrasador

It's been 24 hours since anyone wanting to play The Long Dark was forced to download the Wintermute update....

Still no one from Hinterland staff has posted the patch notes or change log for Wintermute. 

I have directly asked moderators with still no response.

We know changes have been made. For many wolf struggles are no longer survivable, as button mashing has done little to nothing.

We know you now have to prepare rosehips and mushrooms in the crafting menu before they can be brewed into tea....

We know the gamepad buttons have been changed with no explanation of what has been changed or why...

We know Mystery Lake was altered, with no list of changes anywhere.

When a new update or patch is released, it is customary for the developers to produce a list of known changes....

At what point is this going to be acknowledged, and when are we receiving them?

32 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

It's been 24 hours since anyone wanting to play The Long Dark was forced to download the Wintermute update....

Still no one from Hinterland staff has posted the patch notes or change log for Wintermute. 

I have directly asked moderators with still no response.

We know changes have been made. For many wolf struggles are no longer survivable, as button mashing has done little to nothing.

We know the game pad buttons have been changed with no explanation of what has been changed or why...

We know Mystery Lake was altered, with no list of changes anywhere.

When a new update or patch is released, it is customary for the developers to produce a list of known changes....

At what point is this going to ba acknowledged, and when are we receiving them?

Really with your statements? do they help anyone?

First up no one is forced to do anything, check your software Steam sofware settings if that is your issue?

Release what patch notes for Wintermute, it has not been patched yet?

geez

and I just played the game for a couple hours, was fun, different, but yeah I managed to get to the church building. loved a few of the cut sceens as well.

5 minutes ago, nicko said:

Really with your statements? do they help anyone?

First up no one is forced to do anything, check your software Steam sofware settings if that is your issue?

Release what patch notes for Wintermute, it has not been patched yet?

geez

Welcome back @nicko! How I have missed your replies to everything the last two weeks!

You couldn't play the game without updating the game. There was no "play" button on Steam, only "update required."

Wintermute added a bunch of changes to the game world, if you read my post, you would see known changes discovered by the players....which I listed.

Obviously things were changed in the game since Wintermute, I am asking for a list of those changes....

7 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Welcome back @nicko! How I have missed your replies to everything the last two weeks!

You couldn't play the game without updating the game. There was no "play" button on Steam, only "update required."

Wintermute added a bunch of changes to the game world, if you read my post, you would see known changes discovered by the players....which I listed.

Obviously things were changed in the game since Wintermute, I am asking for a list of those changes....

ah ok so state the bleeding obvious? yes you have to update the game to play the latest version!

4 minutes ago, nicko said:

ah ok so state the bleeding obvious? yes you have to update the game to play the latest version!

Are you conflicting yourself again @nicko? You just told me not to download the update if I don't like it. I told you that wasn't an option. Now you are pretending like you knew that already....

Not sure I will ever understand your motivations @nicko....

3 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Are you conflicting yourself again @nicko? You just told me not to download the update if I don't like it. I told you that wasn't an option. Now you are pretending like you knew that already....

Not sure I will ever understand your motivations @nicko....

I doubt it. where did I say that? I said check your steam settings?

you said  " It's been 24 hours since anyone wanting to play The Long Dark was forced to download the Wintermute update.... "

no one was forced to do anything was my main point.

4 minutes ago, nicko said:

I doubt it. where did I say that? I said check your steam settings?

you said  " It's been 24 hours since anyone wanting to play The Long Dark was forced to download the Wintermute update.... "

no one was forced to do anything was my main point.

Oh, I see free will...

You mean instead, I could just never play The Long Dark ever again. Ok that makes sense @nicko, I'm sure that's what the devs are aiming for...

How about the free will to play WITHOUT downloading the update, that's the "forced" I was referring to in my initial statement.

Do you understand yet, or do we need to keep talking in circles for you?

11 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Oh, I see free will...

You mean instead, I could just never play The Long Dark ever again. Ok that makes sense @nicko, I'm sure that's what the devs are aiming for...

How about the free will to play WITHOUT downloading the update, that's the "forced" I was referring to in my initial statement.

Do you understand yet, or do we need to keep talking in circles for you?

Sorry no? are you now saying you cannot update your game? if so not my problem dood hassle support.

all i can think of is you cant do stuff to proceed in game? causing your frustration?

Nope @nickothat's still not it....wow...

I would have preferred to be able to play the old The Long Dark without updating the game to Wintermute. That was not an available choice. It was a forced update. There are bugs. There is no patch notes or change log for the Wintermute update, even though the update made changes to game play.

I would have rather downloaded the Wintermute update in a month or so after it is patched and hotfixed and we were given a list of known changes to the game.

Based on the gamepad changes alone, I may not have ever upgraded the game to Wintermute, and just continued to play the Faithful Cartographer version in perpetuity. That would have been a nice option, but we were not given that choice.

The choice was download Wintermute and play that version, or don't play The Long Dark at all...

3 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Nope @nickothat's still not it....wow...

I would have preferred to be able to play the old The Long Dark without updating the game to Wintermute. That was not an available choice. It was a forced update. There are bugs. There is no patch notes or change log for the Wintermute update, even though the update made changes to game play.

I would have rather downloaded the Wintermute update in a month or so after it is patched and hotfixed and we were given a list of known changes to the game.

Based on the gamepad changes alone, I may not have ever upgraded the game to Wintermute, and just continued to play the Faithful Cartographer version in perpetuity. That would have been a nice option, but we were not given that choice.

The choice was download Wintermute and play that version, or don't play The Long Dark at all...

sheesh? like a few mentioned if you don't want to update a game in Steam you do not have to - check your steam settings.

21 minutes ago, nicko said:

exactly, though you can still access older game versions if you dont update.

Nope @nicko, you couldn't. It was either update or don't play. If you believe what you just said is possible on Steam then show me how you did it, and I will do it. There was no choice to do this. I tried pausing the update and everything. You could NOT play The Long Dark without updating it.

And @Junetrolling me on one thread isn't enough attention for you? You have to make your way over here to troll me too?

According to @nicko, you CAN still play the old version. He just said so...

@Thrasador: Ok, Mr. Offended, I´m trying to clear this up for you: Just because I find your complaints out of place doesn´t mean I´m trolling you. Which part of "full game release" is unclear to you? This is neither a patch nor an update, it´s the finished product. It was not "forced" on us, we were waiting for it in suspense. For years. If you are not happy with the product, don´t play it. I agree that a list of changes for the sandbox would be great and I´m quite sure it will be posted soon enough. In the meantime I´ll rather play the game than argue with some random internet dude who hasn´t been paying attention.

Whatever name you want to place on it @Junechanges to the game were made. These changes are normally listed by the developer at the time of downloading the update. If you cannot provide the change log I have requested, I don't understand the point of your comments to me other than to aggravate the person requesting them. 

Have either of you answered any of the requests made in the OP?

Nope...

Have you both defended the game tooth and nail and taken offense to me asking for a piece of information normally offered at the time of an update?

I don't know....apparently? Otherwise I can't see the point behind your responses to my question....

Unless either of you have the patch notes or the change log for the Wintermute release, I don't see how any of your comments have been productive to this thread in anyway....

Good morning everyone. Right now our community team is pretty swamped, so please forgive us if we are not able to respond to messages as quickly as normal.

@Thrasador a summary about the full release are on our To-Do list, however it might be a while before we can get to them. In the mean time, you are welcome to discuss the changes with other players or even create your own list, if you are so inclined.

It's a very busy and exciting time! Thank you everyone for your patience while we work to support and maintain our rapidly growing community. We ask that you continue to do your best to keep your discussion posts friendly and on-topic.

Since the original poster's question has been addressed and the discussion has gotten off track, this thread will now be locked. However everyone is welcome to continue asking questions and sharing feedback in other threads.

Archived