No Fluffy In Voyager??!!

JACKROX_12234

So I started sandbox just to try out my graphics in the new update and i spawned near the carter dam in voyager mode. So once i was satisfied with my graphics I went into the dam to say hi to fluffy,  but to no prevail!! Usually he would come if i just enter and wait, but i walked downstairs but he wasn't there. Any else have this happen to them?

Hullo, Fluffy isn't always there on Voyager, it's random. Plus I think he doesn't spawn for the first 24 hours, and yet again sometimes he doesn't spawn as you work your way down through the dam, but appears when you work your way back up.

So he might still be there, he might just be having a restful lie-in following the launch party.

As far as we* were able to tell Fluffy was removed from the dam with the Faithful Cartographer update (sometime during the last test branch).  I started a new sandbox game yesterday and there was still no Fluffy.

*We refers to the dozen or so people who replied to a similar test branch topic.  There were no sightings.

13 minutes ago, happybjorn said:

As far as we* were able to tell Fluffy was removed from the dam with the Faithful Cartographer update (sometime during the last test branch).  I started a new sandbox game yesterday and there was still no Fluffy.

*We refers to the dozen or so people who replied to a similar test branch topic.  There were no sightings.

For quite some time now, Fluffy hasn't been a 100% spawn in the dam - there's a chance she will appear later, or not at all. Good luck!

2 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

It will be interesting to see her pathing in the new damn it's so much more full...and awesome.

My first reaction when I looked through that room.. "Oh boy - getting a clear shot at Fluffy just got a whole lot harder!"

Just went through Dam, upper and lower, no Fluffy, also on Voyager sandbox. I was glad for this as I had broken my one arrow and didn't have a rifle. Again have to say how much I love the new environments, inside and out.  Getting a clear shot on Fluffy would be a challenge to say the least......lots of amazing gear to be had in the Dam. With a hacksaw, a person could live off the scrap metal for ages and ages.

Just a reminder that in Voyageur no predators spawn for the first 24 hours.  That does include Fluffy. I can also attest that Fluffy is still alive and well after the Faithful Cartographer update.  Well, not so much after the first time I met her after the FC update.  It's one thing to watch a wolf limp off after you get them off of you with a knife, but something else inside the closed space of Carter Dam especially with the sound reverberating off the walls.  Those sounds still haunt me, and enforce my standing of doing whatever I can to just avoid dealing with Fluffy.

Which means I will definitely make sure I have a couple of flares or more on hand so I can discourage her while checking out the new look.

2 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

Fluffy has been removed from the game entirely. She does not exist no more, Dam is 100% safe to explore and sleep. Fluffy escaped somehow and she is no more there and we will never meet her.

Don't expect her anymore. Raphael confirmed this.

Okay I just check his Twitter feed and found nothing, not that you're wrong.

Could you point me in the right direction.

Thanks for showing that and bringing it up! Before story mode I was heading into the Dam with no gun, no bow/arrows, just a knife and heard her howling inside in the dark. I left.....:ph34r:.

After seeing it, I couldn't imagine trying to get a clear shot most of the places. I spent a couple days in there just looking around at all the new environment.

Ahhhh well then, goodbye to Fluffy, kind of a serious love/hate relationship there.

Interesting to note, in a reply above the enlarged font Raph said "We moved her. It was time." NOT, we removed her from the game......does Fluffy live somewhere else now?

18 minutes ago, Mike in GA said:

Thanks for showing that and bringing it up! Before story mode I was heading into the Dam with no gun, no bow/arrows, just a knife and heard her howling inside in the dark. I left.....:ph34r:.

After seeing it, I couldn't imagine trying to get a clear shot most of the places. I spent a couple days in there just looking around at all the new environment.

Ahhhh well then, goodbye to Fluffy, kind of a serious love/hate relationship there.

Interesting to note, in a reply above the enlarged font Raph said "We moved her. It was time." NOT, we removed her from the game......does Fluffy live somewhere else now?

We moved her - Is more like she is spawning on streets. But all wolves have same models so I can assume she was removed from the game. I don't think there is an interior where a wolf spawns there.

7 minutes ago, ChillPlayer said:

There's usually a wolf near the dam outside, maybe that's supposed to be the moved Fluffy.

Interestingly though, in Story Mode you can see her dead body lying around inside the Dam, so she didn't escape after all ;)

Maybe story mode and survival mode are unrelated stories :P

I doubt the wolf outside is fluffy!! Fluffy used same skin models as other wolves so it's not possible to understand who is fluffy and who is not.

18 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

I doubt the wolf outside is fluffy!! Fluffy used same skin models as other wolves so it's not possible to understand who is fluffy and who is not.

Well but we still know where used to be wolves and how many. I no longer think Fluffy is any of the Wolves outside the fence, those were always there. But I think I've found her:

fluffy.thumb.png.3e8d05906766a246ae3a35c6a3d9d3fa.png

Or has anyone ever encountered TWO wolves in the Winding River? I don't think I have and if Raph is to believed that she was "moved" and not "removed", this must be here.

And look how happy she is, finally having a partner to mate with :D

19 minutes ago, ChillPlayer said:

Or has anyone ever encountered TWO wolves in the Winding River? I don't think I have and if Raph is to believed that she was "moved" and not "removed", this must be here.

No.. there has always been only the one. So I'm inclined to agree with you.. Fluffy finally found her way out and is back in the Winding River area.

25 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

lol. She's not Fluffy if she ain't in any interior :(

You know the backstory of Fluffy? She droped through a broken window into the Dam and was trapped there, at least that's what we've been told for the past three years. And now she's out, I'm happy for her ;)

1 hour ago, ChillPlayer said:

You know the backstory of Fluffy? She droped through a broken window into the Dam and was trapped there, at least that's what we've been told for the past three years. And now she's out, I'm happy for her ;)

I know the story!! But still :S. But hey, who of the two wolves are Fluffy? I want to kill the male wolf, not Fluffy but the wolf skins are same.

Dam really needs some threat, tho.. Now it is just breach, loot and dip with no threat at all which is silly. Area with ton of supplies = Some challenge/threat!

45 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

Dam really needs some threat, tho.. Now it is just breach, loot and dip with no threat at all which is silly. Area with ton of supplies = Some challenge/threat!

Fully agree with you there.

Archived