Need help

night.guardian

I'm a total noob at this game and I've died at least 5 times to hypothermia or massive internal bleeding to falling cause I can't figure out how to stop bleeding and make a fire??

Probably just cause I'm stupid haha.

I'm doing the main story. I didn't get to choose a difficulty so I don't know if that matters or anything

6 minutes ago, night.guardian said:

I'm a total noob at this game and I've died at least 5 times to hypothermia or massive internal bleeding to falling cause I can't figure out how to stop bleeding and make a fire??

Probably just cause I'm stupid haha.

I'm doing the main story. I didn't get to choose a difficulty so I don't know if that matters or anything

Where are you in the story? Wintermute is a single "difficulty" so there isn't another to choose from.

Pick up sticks on the ground to make fires - these will warm you and let you boil some water to drink. And remember if you need Tinder, be sure to harvest some from the sticks as well. Also, keep an eye out for ledges and places where you might fall - even small falls in this game can kill or injure you pretty quickly. Good luck!

1 minute ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Where are you in the story? Wintermute is a single "difficulty" so there isn't another to choose from.

Pick up sticks on the ground to make fires - these will warm you and let you boil some water to drink. And remember if you need Tinder, be sure to harvest some from the sticks as well. Also, keep an eye out for ledges and places where you might fall - even small falls in this game can kill or injure you pretty quickly. Good luck!

I'm literally right at the beginning of the game. I figured out how to get a fire going but I die the second its lit from blood loss

I tried harvesting from a pair of clothing but I still die before I get a chance to make it into a bandage

There is some cloth on the ground to make bandages in the start area, you can get to the crafting menu from the top of your inventory screen.  There should also be a bandage in the first aid kit on the ground near the entrance to the cave, hold down the interact (lmb) button to fully loot it. 

Archived