Wood Splinter Stuck in Hand, Please Advise

The Long Bark

2 minutes ago, Baukster77 said:

I have the same exact problem, can't seem to remove the piece of metal from the hand! When I press the left mouse button to remove the metal, nothing happens!

Are you quickly and repeatedly pressing the button? I've read that many PC users are having issues with that scene.

9 hours ago, Baukster77 said:

I have the same exact problem, can't seem to remove the piece of metal from the hand! When I press the left mouse button to remove the metal, nothing happens!

I'm stuck at the beginning of the game for that reason. I have no idea why, but I am just unable to make the meter move any farther than one millimeter. I clicked as fast as I possibly could, and couldn't make anything happen. Really not sure what the cause of this is, my mouse works normal for everything else.. I did have somewhat of a similar issue when fighting wolves in the last update or two - but at least the game was registering my clicks then. Anyone have any insight?

On 8/2/2017 at 3:54 PM, iSUGGESTthings said:

I'm stuck at the beginning of the game for that reason. I have no idea why, but I am just unable to make the meter move any farther than one millimeter. I clicked as fast as I possibly could, and couldn't make anything happen. Really not sure what the cause of this is, my mouse works normal for everything else.. I did have somewhat of a similar issue when fighting wolves in the last update or two - but at least the game was registering my clicks then. Anyone have any insight?

Same problem here, both using my trackpad and a USB mouse. No matter how fast I click it doesn't advance the bar more than a smidge. I'm running on Mac if that's relevant.

IF YOU ARE CLICKING FAST, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

Now that I have your attention, here's the right technique:

Click steadily and evenly, one click every half-second. That's the optimum pace to fill the bar quickly.

57 minutes ago, MudFlap33 said:

Same problem here, both using my trackpad and a USB mouse. No matter how fast I click it doesn't advance the bar more than a smidge. I'm running on Mac if that's relevant.

Got a solution from support on this for anyone else with this issue. I had to lower the framerate/quality of the display to get it to recognize all the clicks. It was still pretty difficult to fill up the struggle bar even at the lowest quality settings, but possible.

Just now, MudFlap33 said:

I had to lower the framerate/quality of the display to get it to recognize all the clicks. It was still pretty difficult to fill up the struggle bar even at the lowest quality settings, but possible.

See my post just above yours.

Just now, MudFlap33 said:

I'll try that click strategy next time, but I am telling you that lowering the framerate was absolutely necessary in my case.

I understand.. but trying to make the game recognise more (rapid) clicks is actually not the best approach. The important thing is a steady rhythm. Testing shows that about every half-second works best. See this thread here.

And it's the same in wolf struggles.. avoid the urge to panic, and slow down your clicking.

On 8/3/2017 at 8:58 PM, MudFlap33 said:

Got a solution from support on this for anyone else with this issue. I had to lower the framerate/quality of the display to get it to recognize all the clicks. It was still pretty difficult to fill up the struggle bar even at the lowest quality settings, but possible.

Could you elaborate? To which display do you refer?

Just to clarify, the issue is because of low frame rate - Lowering your display settings can help resolve this. When you're suffering from low frame rates button inputs can be missed, so the best way to resolve this is to lower your resolution or visual settings (or both) so your frame rate can increase. 

1 hour ago, Support said:

Just to clarify, the issue is because of low frame rate - Lowering your display settings can help resolve this. When you're suffering from low frame rates button inputs can be missed, so the best way to resolve this is to lower your resolution or visual settings (or both) so your frame rate can increase. 

It works, but the same problem affects tussles with wolves as well. I've been getting consistently torn to shreds by wolves for over two years now. So while it may get players over the initial hurdle, the gaming experience might prove... frustrating, since they'll either have to play on a less than visually pleasing resolution or risk getting torn to shreds by wolves. On my system, it has to be really, really low in order to function at all.

I've also noticed my movement is a lot faster on a lower resolution.

Archived