Introducing ELEGY - a visual poem of The Long Dark

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is my favorite thing.  Can't stop watching it.  This might be the greatest game-related thing I've ever seen that isn't actually a game or part of a game.  A work of art.

Seriously, I've never been a "fanboy" of any game or developer.  It's always just been an entertainment company/entertainment consumer relationship.  For the first time in my life I think I can actually call myself a fanboy.  Proudly.  You guys have something special going.

Edited by Sunwolf
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Now perhaps I missed something listed earlier, I don't know... so I am just going to ask.

Is there any chance that this wonderful short film might be available for download?

I know, I can see it anytime on Hinterland's channel on YouTube and things like that... but I bought game's score/soundtrack and I love all of it... and would really love to add this to my collection as well.  I mean I would absolutely pay money for a copy I could have on my hard drive.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

That is really well done. Lots of detail and heart on display. Kind of gets my indy filmmaker juices flowing again. (Alas, I live down south- so a lack of snow would shut down production indefinitely). Is this related to the possible film we've heard of or is this it's own wonderful thing?

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

From what I understand Hinterland's big Basket-O-Projects got 2020'd right along with everyone and everything else and they are in the process of playing catch-up.

Hinterland has time and again demonstrated that they are perfectly happy to take all of the time they need to do it properly the first time and give us the best possible finished product.

My best guess is maybe around March or so we can expect Raph and Dev's to give us another juicy morsel as to what lies ahead and I can't wait!   :)

Hooray for Raph and Devs!  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1