FM or DP to forge on Interloper?

Etilord

3 hours ago, Etilord said:

I had to drop 1 decoy still on ML.

For the Camp Office to Homestead run, you can avoid the wolf on the tracks in ML by travelling along the ridge (or even taking the lake trail past Dave's clearing and heading to the upper area with the bunnies and cave), then coming down right by the tunnel.  Small risk of sprain, no risk of wolf.  Not quite as reliable on the way back, but you can get up on the ridge about halfway along the tracks between the zone transition and camp office.

2 hours ago, ChillPlayer said:

Not something I can say about CH, I had it on Interloper that two wolves were hiding between the hills and at the very least I often had to use Torch or run like hell. Often I got jumped though and there was nothing more left than to stand my ground and fight. So yeah, FM it is.

This is exactly why I hate DP for forging.  You basically have a 1 in 3 chance of the wolves spawning out on the ice, otherwise it's a gauntlet with wolves directly in your path or waiting around a corner/over a hill.

5 hours ago, Etilord said:

After I am stocked up on food and water, I intend to face Fluffy.

Word we have from Raphael is that Fluffy has moved on from the dam.. but his wording suggests she's still out there somewhere.. let us know how you go.

7 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Word we have from Raphael is that Fluffy has moved on from the dam.. but his wording suggests she's still out there somewhere.. let us know how you go.

Someone eluded to the fact that Fluffy may be in the dam in the Story, but she may be already deceased. I have not been there yet to look, and assess this information....

Sounds cool to me though....

FM is colder and much deadlier because of the route and wolves. DP is longer trek through CH but is safer in terms of wolves, much easier to avoid. However you need a light source to get there through the mine unless the Aurora pays you a visit, there's also no cat tails for food. There are more deer carcasses and shelters though.

I got off topic....the simple answer is I prefer DP after forging in both places. They both have wolves, but DP feels like a much smaller and tighter zone with many more shelters to sleep in compared to FM. The forge in DP is in a ship and the entire time I was on the ship, I never saw a wolf on the ice around the ship. You might encounter a couple wolves depending on which path you take to get to the ship, but once you get there you are pretty safe. I hate the weather in FM as well. FM has too many wolves, not enough warm indoors shelters....so you pretty much need a fire to sleep, and the weather blows a lot....there is a lot of zero visibility fog. I definitely recommend DP over it.

Funny!  I am in  the same boat!  I am at ML and need to get to a forge for more arrowheads and to explore  Muskeg for matches/striker.  It's so cold in ML I can't imagine what the temp will be in FM!  I almost would prefer to go all the way to DP just because I know it so much better!  Muskeg is such a variable!  I have decided once I make my wolf coat (2 days) I am going to hit the forge at FM.  It's just so much closer and the benefits of not having hit it up yet for loot is worth it.  It is a mighty long way to DP from ML!  

A lot can go wrong in that distance in Interloper! 

1 minute ago, Djllans said:

Funny!  I am in  the same boat!  I am at ML and need to get to a forge for more arrowheads and to explore  Muskeg for matches/striker.  It's so cold in ML I can't imagine what the temp will be in FM!  I almost would prefer to go all the way to DP just because I know it so much better!  Muskeg is such a variable!  I have decided once I make my wolf coat (2 days) I am going to hit the forge at FM.  It's just so much closer and the benefits of not having hit it up yet for loot is worth it.  It is a mighty long way to DP from ML!  

A lot can go wrong in that distance in Interloper! 

I would go once to hit the six or so decent loot spots, and forge enough arrowheads to last you till DP....then GTFO, lol....

I made 10-20 arrowheads there. Then 30 more in DP lol....

Archived