The Long Dark -- LAUNCH TRAILER IS HERE!!

Admin

29 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Thanks for all your interest in the trailer, everyone. We're almost there!

Hey I just wanted to ask.... will the updated interiors for other regions like CH or PV be included in this update? Also will the two new regions be added to sandbox (survivor mode) in this update?

4 minutes ago, Mystery guy said:

Hey I just wanted to ask.... will the updated interiors for other regions like CH or PV be included in this update? Also will the two new regions be added to sandbox (survivor mode) in this update?

Expect they may update further maps as other episodes come out. Mystery Lake seems to be mainly being updated (mind you it's been updated so many times the most recent being the Watch Tower's obliteration). 

I think the story will likely prevent you getting to places which haven't been updated. By this I mean if the story involves you heading around Mystery Lake or another region's specific locations (new map probably) it'll probably be easy to navigate to allow the story to progress fluently and the new map may be easier to survive in given the general game style of having the first area be a sort of tutorial for inexperienced players. This may also involve preventing you from travelling between regions to prevent you from heading to future story points when they haven't been added yet (this isn't sandbox). 

Given that the Carter Hydro Dam and the surrounding area is being heavily modified I'm going to predict that as it is an isalnd connector route the 1st episdode (or 2nd) may conclude here. 

I personally can definitely see the Radio Tower overlooking Pleasant Valley to be an area someone "looking for someone" might want to visit. 

Alternatively the connector to Coastal Highway is arguably more iconic and coastal Highway is likely a better area for a story's progressive difficulty.

To be honest, I'm not sure how it's going to play out. I think it is likely, however, that the game has a linear story meaning you don't make decisions for your character like most games. Personally I prefer ones where you can choose your own paths to take while still maintaining a linear direction (like choosing a faction to side with or like telltale games, possibly which shelters you are going to want to search in for your lost person) and I would really love to see that but at the same time it will require lots of extra work and planning and can be hard to use in episodic gaming so I wouldn't mind too much if it wasn't.

Just know when you play it I'll be waiting a fortnight to so whatever happens, if I'm completely wrong, don't blame me.

15 hours ago, liam said:

Flashlight at 2:19

OMG it's sad for me :( I'am from Ukraine and when Canada will has 1st August 2:19 then it will be 9:19 AM in Ukraine)

Can you release game using China time? :rofl: ))) In this case it's time to do it right now :)

I have to say that I am truly pumped about this release!  As for the knife discussion, I tent to agree with the idea that it is a jagged piece of metal with some cloth wrapped around the end to make a handle...at least that's what I saw in the video.

Cannot wait!!

I like the trailer...

Astrid: "I need someone I can trust. Someone who doesn't ask too many questions..."

Will: "Questions? Astrid, are you in trouble? What's this about? And who do you mean? Me? Where exactly do you want to go? Will my insurance cover the trip? Will we be together again when we get there? May I harvest your shoes for 1 cured leather?"

Astrid: "Hhhhhh... forget about it..."

• Upvote 2