The Long Dark -- LAUNCH TRAILER IS HERE!!

Admin

Amazing stuff. Frost-bitten fingers crossed, but I hope this is where the world behind the Long Dark begins to feel hauntingly real, adding a new layer of atmosphere and reflection to our sandbox experiences.

It's half one in the morning here, so I'm not sure what I wrote there makes sense. But anyway. So excited - and as I thought, the rocking chair blind oldster with the rifle is a woman, knew she had a cool craggy elder Patti Smith look! 

• Upvote 1

@admin  Speaking as someone who used to be a partner in a recording studio, the people who put this (otherwise excellent) clip together really need to learn about not letting the soundtrack overwhelm the vocals. I shouldn't have to struggle to hear the words over the music.

Otherwise, great job, Hinterland!

Stunning ... this video is just stunning. It gives me goose bumps. And btw. i want to have the soundtrack an physical media ... when are you going to make it available? Great work guys, it still might be a little early to say this, but i am under the impression, that the wait was worth it.

• Upvote 1

Hate to repeat the words of others but yeah, looks very exciting and am really looking forward to it. What makes it even worse is that I'm goon get oh holiday tomorrow for a fortnight so I'll have loads of time to build excitement.

Does anyone know the name of the music played in the background of this trailer? It sounds really good.

A great trailer, it's not spoiling anything only creating questions. Good job Hinterland! :D
It has been a long journey but very worth it as far as I can tell.

I don't really get the complaints about bad voice acting (YouTube comments) and the music being to loud. I like it! I've had no problems hearing and understanding the voice in this trailer and English isn't even my mother tongue. Maybe it depends on the audio setup or something like that?

Also I like the new forums, although it looks a bit too 'large' if you get what I mean. It looks like I've zoomed in a lot on the page.

Edited by Blinkin
  • Upvote 2

Wow - you guys have really outdone yourselves this time - it doesn't seem that long ago the announcement for fully voiced and animated characters in story mode, and it looks like you have delivered. Wow, the animation and recording of sounds must've taken so much time for a small studio like you guys.

Really looking forward to Story Mode, just a couple of days, the long wait is soon over!

1 hour ago, Blinkin said:

I don't really get the complaints about bad voice acting

Nobody said anything about bad voice acting.. just the badly balanced recording levels.

2 hours ago, alone sniper said:

Maybe stone knife? 

Looks like a boxcutter to me.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AlexandraRussia said:

Hello , thanks for the news ) , I wanted to ask , but this location will be in the Sandbox ? and I saw on the video the piano , it is decor or there will be play ? Yes and the water tower . I hope there is water there )

The tower seems broken and cracked so I wouldn't expect any water at all...

The new Sandbox maps will not be available on August 1st; because most of use would probably just go to the new maps if they were open on Sandbox and therefore get familiar with the locations, I think that it's a smart idea to keep us in the unknown for now.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, EricTheGreat12 said:

The tower seems broken and cracked so I wouldn't expect any water at all...

The new Sandbox maps will not be available on August 1st; because most of use would probably just go to the new maps if they were open on Sandbox and therefore get familiar with the locations, I think that it's a smart idea to keep us in the unknown for now.

And it's winter with snows as well. So even though the water tower wasnt broken or cracked, the water inside would be frozen. Just saying, yeah.