What Time Shall We Be Expecting the Release of Story Mode?

CalNieDaGtarGuy

43 minutes ago, CalNieDaGtarGuy said:

I know full well that it releases on August 1st, but does anyone have any notion when we shall expect it ON August 1st? I'm so excited that I literally need to know when to pop the popcorn and settle in... 

So exciting!

I believe that they said that it would launch sometime in the morning.... so maybe 7-12am if "all goes right"

1 hour ago, thekillergreece said:

For those who live in Greece or surrounding countries, it will be released 1st August, 18:00. If you are from UK, then it will be 16:00.

Thanks matey, fortunately I took August the 2nd off rather than the 1st, suspecting this might be the case! :D

39 minutes ago, Nervous Pete said:

Thanks matey, fortunately I took August the 2nd off rather than the 1st, suspecting this might be the case! :D

lol. But, where are you from? I unfortunately wont play the game till 8th August. I want it for PS4 but I wont hesitate to try out TLD from a friend I got.

On 7/27/2017 at 0:16 PM, CalNieDaGtarGuy said:

Where did you see this? Have they announced something on Steam? I REALLY want to know.

Yea, all I remember is one of the devs  here in the forums said that they planned for a morning release, my guess is 6-10am what ever time they are on

7 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

lol. But, where are you from? I unfortunately wont play the game till 8th August. I want it for PS4 but I wont hesitate to try out TLD from a friend I got.

I'm from Wales, the UK, but I'm playing on Steam. Sorry to hear you won't get to play the game for a while longer. My theory is that all was going well in the European ratings certification process until the tester met out old friend fluffy in the dam and freaked out, knocking forms and rubber stamps all over the place with the cry of, "NOPE NOPE NOPE!" 

20 minutes ago, Nervous Pete said:

I'm from Wales, the UK, but I'm playing on Steam. Sorry to hear you won't get to play the game for a while longer. My theory is that all was going well in the European ratings certification process until the tester met out old friend fluffy in the dam and freaked out, knocking forms and rubber stamps all over the place with the cry of, "NOPE NOPE NOPE!" 

I see.. But worry not, I will try play the game on PC from a friend, do a quick "rush" on story mode and see what's new!

4 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

I see.. But worry not, I will try play the game on PC from a friend, do a quick "rush" on story mode and see what's new!

Cook them a heavy turkey meal with plenty of red wine. Then when they quickly fall asleep have a big play session on their PC. It's not exactly drugging - it's a legitimate tactic, I saw them use it on Seinfeld!

Just now, Nervous Pete said:

Cook them a heavy turkey meal with plenty of red wine. Then when they quickly fall asleep have a big play session on their PC. It's not exactly drugging - it's a legitimate tactic, I saw them use it on Seinfeld!

What you talking about? xD. I wish I could cook proper meals in The Long Dark. Not just meat but with potatoes too!

1 minute ago, thekillergreece said:

What you talking about? xD. I wish I could cook proper meals in The Long Dark. Not just meat but with potatoes too!

Have you ever had a big roast dinner you haven't wanted a long nap after? Anyway, pro-tip if you ever wanted to get perfect roast tatties, chop them into halves, boil them for ten minutes and then taken them out and pop them in a colander, jiggling them about so the skin gets roughed up. Brush them with olive oil or fat and put them in the oven. The rough skin makes them extra delicately crispy. Um... I digress. But I totally should be Level 4 at least in cooking in The Long Dark, the game does me a disservice! 

And hey, Hinterland! Where's the Great Bear Island booze? I need something to wash down my deer steaks! 

12 hours ago, Nervous Pete said:

The rough skin makes them extra delicately crispy.

Thanks for the tip! My roast spuds are already the stuff of legend amongst my friends.. this will take them to the next level!

I'm anticipating the release for XB1 will be delayed for a day or two as has happened in past sandbox updates thanks to the Microsoft bureaucracy taking its time to get things updated.  Unless the story mode has already been included in the last update and is just "locked" until Aug 1st?   Anybody know if there will be a update to download?

35 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

If you live in Canada....will we get the launch at midnight tonight? 9_9

Uh no? Pacific time counts for pretty mush the us west coast including places like Vancouver and The eastern us coast is only like 3hrs ahead so the only way for it to be midnight upon release is that you would have to be somewhere near the east coast of Australia 

17 minutes ago, Mystery guy said:

Uh no? Pacific time counts for pretty mush the us west coast including places like Vancouver and The eastern us coast is only like 3hrs ahead so the only way for it to be midnight upon release is that you would have to be somewhere near the east coast of Australia 

I know. I was just kidding around. Just hope I don't have to wait as long as I did for new Dying Light update :/

1 hour ago, Packet802 said:

I'm anticipating the release for XB1 will be delayed for a day or two as has happened in past sandbox updates thanks to the Microsoft bureaucracy taking its time to get things updated.  Unless the story mode has already been included in the last update and is just "locked" until Aug 1st?   Anybody know if there will be a update to download?

According to Hinterland, everything has been arranged in advance with Microsoft and Sony, so that all platforms will be released at the same time.

1 hour ago, Mystery guy said:

the only way for it to be midnight upon release is that you would have to be somewhere near the east coast of Australia 

I do live near the east coast of Australia. Here it's already 11am Tuesday 1st August. (yes, I only exist in your future..)

For me it will be released at 1am Wed 2nd.. >:(

20 minutes ago, Gantsum said:

First time here, but I've been playing for about 18 months.  Trying to decide if I should go with my fiancée for her surgery in the morning, or wait for the big moment...a hard decision!

Surgery is the worst thing and she will need you to be by her side. Please go to the surgery with your fiancee.

Archived