HINTERLAND SURVIVAL ADVISORY: Mysterious Disturbances Predicted in the Mystery Lake Region

Admin

1 minute ago, Thrasador said:

That being said, I would really really hope the official forums for the game take information relaying priority over FB...

Looks like it was announced everywhere at the same time.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Thrasador said:

I don't go on FB much anymore either, so it wouldn't have mattered if it was posted there a month ago.

That being said, I would really really hope the official forums for the game take information relaying priority over FB...

That's what I had thought this afternoon. It's just weird that I thought that because I remember looking for when they posted....I must have read the number 18 somewhere else but it only registered as the date they posted, to me. So weird. I even remember thinking, man how am I so late getting this info, lol.

4 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

It's cool...poop happens...

Thanks guys :) Well Thrasador you have five days to get all your stuff. I hope it's not all over ML and just in the dam. Also, don't forget, Fluffy can possibly respawn there as well. from what I gather.

Whoops, I have a lot of work ahead of me as it seems. ;)

I currently play three characters. Two of them are in the mentioned areas. I guess I move everything with my "main" character, but just to see what happens, I´m willing to sacrifice character two, poor Jim, and leave everything in Camp Office. Including him. :)

But it definetly means that something is going to happen for the sandbox as well, and I appreciate that. Maybe, just maybe, we get additional maps immediately with this update.
These places will definetly get a rework, but I´m still torn if I would want NPCs in the sandbox. Yes it would be something new, but on the other hand I like being alone in the sandbox and I guess these NPCs would just provide the same experience every playthrough anyway.

We´ll see.

1 hour ago, AlexandraRussia said:

That's just how people will be able to transfer your stuff ), because some good more 60 kg ) , the sleigh because you have not given us ) , and then would have moved and all ).and so many days to walk from one area to another ).

I moved myself all supplies from Timberwolf Mountains to Coastal Highway. It took me 20 IN-GAME days. In-real life days? Most likely 3 days if you play like 6+ hours a day TLD.

26 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

I moved myself all supplies from Timberwolf Mountains to Coastal Highway. It took me 20 IN-GAME days. In-real life days? Most likely 3 days if you play like 6+ hours a day TLD.

Yeah ) , and I'm talking about ) , I conducted an experiment ), Wolf mountain was to the mysterious lake ) , days out ) , and walked day and night ).

You know what I just realised... if it means NPC's are coming to sandbox (same goes for story mode of course) it might mean that goods will become more scarce. Because I assume NPC's will gather and maintain goods as well, most likely they'll be (aka have their main base) at the must valuable goods locations like the Carter Hyrdo Dam, The Camp Office and some of the Lake Cabins. I'm just speculating of course but it could mean they will kind of 'defend' their bases from people stealing the scarce items.

Not sure if this is and/or will be a thing. But I just thought about it and how it would completely affect the gameplay in a good or bad way. It would make sense to only make this changes to a single region to see how the community reacts before integrating it into other regions too.
But I guess we'll find out soon enough if this is the case or if it's just some redesigns (which I hope because those things seem to be more likely).

Well they never said that it is planned or promised to add them to the sandbox. It is however something they would consider/like to add to the sandbox.
They've listed this on the roadmap v1.2 they've updated on August 16 2016: http://hinterlandgames.com/the-long-dark/roadmap/

NEAR TERM (1-6 Month Window)

• Moose
  • Cougar
  • Improved Cooking; more of the cooking action happens in-game (vs. in menus); cooking happens in game-time (i.e. not accelerated time), so you can multi-task.
  • Frostbite affliction
  • Axe (tool)
  • Wellbeing system (i.e. mental/emotional cost of survival; “willpower locket” fits in here)
  • Aurora gameplay effects & hazards
  • Widespread narrative collectibles
  • Backer naming and writing rewards integrated into game world
  • Primitive firemaking skill (ex. bow-drill)
  • Improved first-person presence (low-hanging fruit)
  • Improved Sprains
  • Improved Infections
  • New Clothing system & all new Clothing assets
  • NPCs in the Sandbox
  • Parley system
  • Improved firemaking (blowing mechanic; first-person presence)
  • Revolver
  • Non-map based Navigation system
  • Knowledge system
  • Improved first-person presence (more complex interactions)
  • Snowshoes or Nordic skis?
  • Steam Trading Cards

" Please note that this list is aspirational, and intended to provide an overview of the development team’s intentions for the game as it evolves. It is not a promise or guarantee that these features will be added within the outlined intervals, or that they will be added at all. "

1 hour ago, Blinkin said:

Well they never said that it is planned or promised to add them to the sandbox. It is however something they would consider/like to add to the sandbox.
They've listed this on the roadmap v1.2 they've updated on August 16 2016: http://hinterlandgames.com/the-long-dark/roadmap/

" Please note that this list is aspirational, and intended to provide an overview of the development team’s intentions for the game as it evolves. It is not a promise or guarantee that these features will be added within the outlined intervals, or that they will be added at all. "

Also, do keep in mind that the Roadmap has not been updated in a year and is pretty much false hope at this point.

We're going to be getting these 1-2 months features in 1-2 years. It's sad to think that some people still rely on this list of disjointed nonsense

4 hours ago, EricTheGreat12 said:

Also, do keep in mind that the Roadmap has not been updated in a year and is pretty much false hope at this point.

We're going to be getting these 1-2 months features in 1-2 years. It's sad to think that some people still rely on this list of disjointed nonsense

A cursory check shows that a good number of those items have now already made it into the game.. ;)

Specifically:

6 hours ago, Blinkin said:
  • Frostbite affliction
  • Improved first-person presence (low-hanging fruit)
  • New Clothing system & all new Clothing assets
  • Knowledge system

Noticed I had not a single Sandbox game with storage in ML, so as I do want to see what's new when it's released I've made a Stalker game for it (and of course cleared Camp Office, the Cabins and the dam), and will also make an Interloper game (if I get lucky on starting point at least)

Yeah the Aurora is something I've been looking forward to. I was a bit disappointed when the first beta came out and it never appeared (except for the main screen sometimes). At the other side it makes sense because it's related to the story of course.
I'm really wondering how they will implement some Story specific elements into the Sandbox in the future. I hope it will be possible to make a custom sandbox mode where you can select specific gameplay elements to include or exclude in the game. I think I would like to have the Aurora appear in sandbox games and being able to use electricity. But I would also like to play sandbox games where those things aren't active (like how it's now). :)

14 hours ago, EricTheGreat12 said:

It's sad to think that some people still rely on this list of disjointed nonsense

No offence but I find this quite funny. I literally said that this list didn't contained any planned features, only features the developers would like to add to the game back in 2016. There's even a quote at the bottom stating that the list is aspirational. I only was speculating, not relying on anything as a fact or something like that. ;)
Besides, as JAFO already pointed out, it's not a list with nonsense. A lot of it was implemented into the current builds.

@JAFO

NEAR TERM (1-6 Month Window)

• Moose
  • Cougar
  • Improved Cooking; more of the cooking action happens in-game (vs. in menus); cooking happens in game-time (i.e. not accelerated time), so you can multi-task.
  • Axe (tool)
  • Wellbeing system (i.e. mental/emotional cost of survival; “willpower locket” fits in here)
  • Aurora gameplay effects & hazards
  • Widespread narrative collectibles
  • Backer naming and writing rewards integrated into game world
  • Primitive firemaking skill (ex. bow-drill)
  • NPCs in the Sandbox
  • Parley system
  • Improved firemaking (blowing mechanic; first-person presence)
  • Revolver
  • Knowledge system
  • Snowshoes or Nordic skis?
  • Steam Trading Cards

MEDIUM TERM (6-12 Month Window)

• Mod support
  • Spring Sandbox
  • Moving water
  • Improved Fishing
  • Wolfpack behaviour
  • Wildlife interactions (ex. Wolves vs. Bears)
  • Grizzly Bear
  • Sandbox survivor personas (characters?)
  • VR Experience
  • Crafting for safehouse customization
  • Crafting for clothing customization
  • Gunsmithing & ammunition crafting

LONG TERM (12+ Month Window // R&D)

• Full-season survival Sandbox (transitioning from season to season)
  • New travel options: Canoe, Horse
  • Seamless world streaming
  • Long-distance travel
  • Planting

All of that is a current list with given timeframes for what was planned for the game back in 2016 and which has not been put in to the game as of yet. I admit that Story Mode has changed the flow of development, but with so much of the items on this list being discarded for further delays, why should anyone take this list seriously? 

• Sandbox AI community social dynamics
5 hours ago, Blinkin said:

There's even a quote at the bottom stating that the list is aspirational. I only was speculating, not relying on anything as a fact or something like that. ;)
Besides, as JAFO already pointed out, it's not a list with nonsense. A lot of it was implemented into the current builds.

Even if this list was aspirational they put it out for a reason; they wouldn't just put out a list of ideas with a timeframe and then call it a day. I still struggle to understand how they were willing to put out a moose in a video with what seems to be basic animations, yet they were unable to put the creature into the game. Perhaps they're waiting for another 'big patch', but it mind boggles me why it was discarded

'A lot' was implemented on that list according to your thoughts. I would have to respectively disagree.

On 7/26/2017 at 8:26 PM, SnowWalker said:

Does anyone know if the rifle still spawns at the old lookout at ML? I've checked everywhere for it and it's nowhere. Except the old lookout and lone cabin on the lake...where I suspect it's at, I guess.

yes it does, I was just there and saw it

Archived