HINTERLAND SURVIVAL ADVISORY: Mysterious Disturbances Predicted in the Mystery Lake Region

Admin

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Piers Arkan said:

It probably would be wise to loot everything one can from these regions before the whatever hits the fans. I know I myself have not looted the dam completely. 

Funny you should say that. I'm doing that right now, lol.

44 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

Does anyone know if the rifle still spawns at the old lookout at ML? I've checked everywhere for it and it's nowhere. Except the old lookout and lone cabin on the lake...where I suspect it's at, I guess.

Just did a first sweep through the dam and found a rifle on voyager to the left of the stairway in the upper level, in a kind of nook. looked like some brown thing at first till I got up close. My trip to the old lookout yielded no rifle, but I did notice that the radio tower showed up on my map as a specific item, Shortwave. Perhaps this was for a challenge

3 minutes ago, Piers Arkan said:

and found a rifle on voyager to the left of the stairway in the upper level, in a kind of nook. looked like some brown thing at first till I got up close.

I checked to the left of both stairways but nothing. It's usually laying on the floor it it's there. I've not noticed the radio tower  on any of my ML maps, but I'm not always diligent with remembering the map.

Just now, SnowWalker said:

I checked to the left of both stairways but nothing. It's usually laying on the floor it it's there. I've not noticed the radio tower  on any of my ML maps, but I'm not always diligent with remembering the map.

Such is the way of RNGesus. The Lord giveth me a third rifle. The Lord taketh away my spot in Mystery lake. 

7 hours ago, admin said:
  • All Hydroelectric Dam interiors AND surrounding exterior areas.*

* Emphasis mine

I think I know what's going on.. those locations are getting re-worked. Remember that new Carter Hydro exterior, from the Road to Story Mode: Content Preview video?

New Carter Dam exterior.jpg

Well you know....if they knew they were doing this as part of Story mode coming out, couldn't they have given us more of a heads up than a several days....I have stuff I have to get done in RL....I don't know if I can finish looting DP and run my keester all the way back there. It's not like we already have horses, or fast travel, or anything. This is going to be a trek. I need food, water, and the weather to cooperate with me across 3 major maps and a couple transition zones....

Had I known this was happening even two days ago, at least I still would have been in CH and I would have taken care of this before my DP trip....

I mean I guess I can live without the things I left there...but man alive! Why do they keep dropping the ball with the communication with the community....

I guess at least they mentioned it now...they could have just deleted our crap and then told us...but still, they have been making a big deal about Wintermute since the countdown fiasco...

6 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Well you know....if they knew they were doing this as part of Story mode coming out, couldn't they have given us more of a heads up than a several days....I have stuff I have to get done in RL....I don't know if I can finish looting DP and run my keester all the way back there. It's not like we already have horses, or fast travel, or anything. This is going to be a trek. I need food, water, and the weather to cooperate with me across 3 major maps and a couple transition zones....

Had I known this was happening even two days ago, at least I still would have been in CH and I would have taken care of this before my DP trip....

On the bright side, at least you're not @Mystery guy. He's currently under a punishment ban from his mother.. can't play on his PC until November. He's been given a one-day-only reprieve for Aug 1st. Won't have any chance to rescue his stuff at all.

6 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

man alive! Why do they keep dropping the ball with the communication with the community....

Because the Hinterland team comes from a game development culture (AAA) that virtually never interacts with the community. What we regard as common courtesies are things they never learned. We're lucky they've unbent as much as they have.

2 minutes ago, JAFO said:

On the bright side, at least you're not @Mystery guy. He's currently under a punishment ban from his mother.. can't play on his PC until November. He's been given a one-day-only reprieve for Aug 1st. Won't have any chance to rescue his stuff at all.

Because the Hinterland team comes from a game development culture (AAA) that virtually never interacts with the community. What we regard as common courtesies are things they never learned. We're lucky they've unbent as much as they have.

Rofl, like I said I'll deal...

I just wanted an excuse to share Adam Sandler screaming that in my head as I was thinking about this situation they have now put me in...

Because he HAS been screaming that in my head this whole play session this evening....

5 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

Well they did post it to their fbook page on the 18th.

No, sorry, I was wrong. I don't know what gave me the idea that they posted to fbook about it on the 18th but their post was from 9hrs ago. Earlier today I thought it said they posted on 18th and that I was just getting the notification late.

Just now, SnowWalker said:

No, sorry, I was wrong. I don't know what gave me the idea that they posted to fbook about it on the 18th but their post was from 9hrs ago. Earlier today I thought it said they posted on 18th and that I was just getting the notification late.

I don't go on FB much anymore either, so it wouldn't have mattered if it was posted there a month ago.

That being said, I would really really hope the official forums for the game take information relaying priority over FB...

Archived