Endurance skill

Hibbsy94

As the title implies "endurance" your character's overall physical fitness.

You start off pretty weak, not being able to carry much or run for long and actions take longer. As you travel more, run more, perform more actions and eat well and get good sleep, your endurance increases and you get stronger meaning you can carry more weight without being encumbered, run for much longer and recover quicker, and you perform actions quicker(of course the current skills do that but endurance will improve this moderately)without burning as many calories, also your character's appearance model will change with each level of endurance.

Also possibly to note with this could be an increase in total calorie storage with each level.

I am all for anything implemented that lets me carry more, lol..

They currently have feats that do some of the things you listed....but they take a while to get.

I have previously requested an encumbrance feat that allows you to carry 5 kilograms more after spending X amount of time across all runs being over the encumbrance limit of 30 kilograms. I don't even care if it doesn't include time sleeping while encumbered (as that is sort of cheating).

So it should be after like 500 or 1000 in game hours of walking or running while encumbered...

Yeah that will take forever, but all feats take forever....that's what makes it a feat...

I think the best way to create this "fitness" levels would be if it worked both ways. For example, if in the last 30 days of you being alive your character was well fed and performed a certain amount of "exercise" (walked a lot, hunted, skinned and gathered etc) .- your "max condition" and "weight limits" would go up. If on the other hand, in the last 30 days or so, you starved a lot, didn't do much besides walking around the house or just grinded crafting etc - your condition amount and "weight limits" would go down. This would discourage that "starve to conserve food" strategies because doing so would make your character weaker, and vice versa.

Would make Interloper even more difficult, I imagine. 

I imagine the level could go up twice by 5 kg and up to twice down. Meaning the general "encumbered" level would be 30, the best fitness level would have 40, and the worst fitness level would have 20.

Weight limit
20  - 25  - 30(starting condition) - 35 - 40. (varies depending on the tiredness)

Condition

80%max - 90%max, 100%max (starting condition) - 110%max - 120%max.

(fit person is more likely to withstand an animal attack or survive the elements than a frail librarian person)

On the contrary, what OP suggested is something I wouldn't do - I think that a "fit" character would have higher needs for calories, rather than smaller. 

19 hours ago, Thrasador said:

Yeah that will take forever, but all feats take forever....that's what makes it a feat...

Feats are not that difficult to get. The only one I am currently missing is the fire mastery one, the rest of them you can get by simply just playing around. I think I have like 69 hours on the game (but I play offline a lot, not sure if that counts then)

27 minutes ago, Mroz4k said:

Feats are not that difficult to get. The only one I am currently missing is the fire mastery one, the rest of them you can get by simply just playing around. I think I have like 69 hours on the game (but I play offline a lot, not sure if that counts then)

I call shenanigans....there is NO way you got all the feats but the fire one in 69 hours. So either offline mode counts and you played several hundred hours offline that you don't remember, or you hacked the game.

I have played over 100 hours already and the only feat I am close to getting is the running one.

There is no way you located and read 250 hours of research books in 69 hours....

There are save game editors I think where you can add a bunch of books and food to your pack and you could read a bunch of books that way...

I'm guessing you have played several hundred hours offline, and you didn't realize you actually played that much....

13 hours ago, Thrasador said:

I'm guessing you have played several hundred hours offline, and you didn't realize you actually played that much....

This would be my guess.. I have over 400 hours up, and so far only have the Free Runner and Book Smarts feats.

He PMed me, he has logged several hundred hours offline....though he assures me the feats don't take forever...

I told him forever is a subjective term, as my first real run which is now at 98 days already feels like forever to me....And after doing some rough maths in my head I need to do at least two more runs just like this one to get most of them done.

Obviously the fire starting one will take more like 9 more runs just like this one, as that feat is at 11% after almost 100 days...

2 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Obviously the fire starting one will take more like 9 more runs just like this one, as that feat is at 11% after almost 100 days...

That can be worked on.. on sunny days, settle down in a sheltered spot with 20-50 sticks and a magnifying glass.. make single-stick fires one after another until you run out of good light or sticks.

4 minutes ago, JAFO said:

That can be worked on.. on sunny days, settle down in a sheltered spot with 20-50 sticks and a magnifying glass.. make single-stick fires one after another until you run out of good light or sticks.

I actually did that one day around the camp office. I lit a fire behind each wall with the magnifying glass and one stick. Then went round and round till night. After a day of that I decided I would rather loot all the maps before all the condensed milk goes bad in the game world. I may do it again when I'm finished if I don't die first...

It's probably the reason I am at 11% and not 10%

1 minute ago, Thrasador said:

After a day of that I decided I would rather loot all the maps before all the condensed milk goes bad in the game world.

For me it's a normal part of my routine to build to level 5 fire making. But even then, only on days I have nothing more pressing to do.

Well this is my first official playthrough, seeing the whole game world before I die, and centralizing all the loot is my primary goal...

Feats are something that will happen as I play....same with my skills, I already have a couple at 5, the rest are at 3 or higher...

I think we all got side tracked by the feats topic, I was hoping for people's feedback on an endurance skill or something that can work similar, I don't wish to burst people's bubbles.

It could affect how interloper plays yes, but this is something that could and potentially change the game entirely how the core value of it works.

Archived