Mel Guille

You know you've played a lot of The Long Dark when...

80 posts in this topic

You light a storm lantern to use the bathroom in the middle of the night because you know without it, you will never find your way back to your bed in the dark. You'll end up standing in the bathroom until sunrise....

Edited by Thrasador
  • Upvote 16

Wow great art there Mel!

I'll go... After a long hard day you drink a cup of herbal tea before you sleep so you can regain more condition while you sleep...

• Upvote 5

...when it's 30 Celsius outside and the wind in your game is blowing so loudly that you get up and close your window because the draft felt so cold...

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, Ahatch said:

You throw out all your asperin / tylonel and pick every rosehip near your home 

IRL: One time after getting shredded by a multiflora rose bush while hiking, i decided to get revenge on it and use its hips as a natural painkiller for my cuts.

-When you dress excessively in planned out layers to keep warm... in august

-When you take up sewing and use curtains and socks to mend your precious cargo pants and wool toque.

-When you start carrying a bedroll with you everywhere, so you dont die from exhaustion.

-When you get arrested for rummaging through the neighbor's cabinets for food, clothing, tools and guns

• Upvote 6

When you are playing the long dark and your girlfriend walks in and says 'The weather out there sounds horrible' only to look out the window and its a bright sunny day.

• Upvote 7

...when your dreams revolve around ensuring that you have sufficient sticks piled outside your front door so you can make fires with a magnifying glass when the days are sunny enough to make plenty of reserve water.

...when your character says, "I'm not sure I can carry much more.." and you reply in your best Arnold Schwarzenegger voice, "Stop whining!"

• Upvote 7

when you wake up in the morning and look at your coffee and think is that 22% or 50% good. I hate crap coffee :)

Edited by nicko
  • Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Scyzara said:

... when you see some cattails and your first thought is 'Yummy!' :D

When you walk past long grass or reeds outside and you look for cattails... I've actually done that :/

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Ysidro said:

When you walk past long grass or reeds outside and you look for cattails... I've actually done that :/

The roots are good cooked, like a very starchy potato. The stalk is meh, but edible.

• Upvote 3

When you walk around with coworkers during your lunch break, you see a "Long dark shaped stick" on the ground and immediately pick it up. ;)

Edited by Puckway
  • Upvote 5

When you are dreaming about going into houses and gathering supplies like it's the last day on Earth.

When you see tools such as an axe, a hammer, or a hacksaw and think about gathering wood and crafting supplies.

• Upvote 1

On 7/17/2017 at 9:37 AM, L² said:

...when your dreams revolve around ensuring that you have sufficient sticks piled outside your front door so you can make fires with a magnifying glass when the days are sunny enough to make plenty of reserve water.

...when your character says, "I'm not sure I can carry much more.." and you reply in your best Arnold Schwarzenegger voice, "Stop whining!"

Lol yes! Or when the character says " this pack is getting kind of heavy, I may need to drop something. " You reply " You can start by dropping that attitude! "

• Upvote 3

On 7/23/2017 at 9:00 PM, jonque007 said:

Lol yes! Or when the character says " this pack is getting kind of heavy, I may need to drop something. " You reply " You can start by dropping that attitude! "

Buhahaha! I have said those exact words so many times!!! We must be twins sons of different mothers. :D

• Upvote 5