The Long Dark Meets K2

Since I'm a bit of a Literalist.

I took the footage of my trip to the Summit...and the trip down from the summit...and added the music from the European soundtrack for K2 by Hans Zimmer to them.

Since he's my fave composer and his K2 score aren't very well known. The soundtrack consists of two tracks: Ascent and Descent.

I've been wanting to do this mashup for a while.

Thanks JAFO.

Surprisingly enough everything was coincidental.

I simply edited the footage to length adjusted the K2 music down a bit and processed both videos.

Here are both tracks so you can experience The Ascent in its entirety.

Very strangely the music for the film by Chaz Jankel was never released in stores and only the European score was.

That's a shame as the music by Chaz that accompanies most copies of the film is outstanding.

Nice one, @RossBondReturns. Hans Zimmer is one of my favorites as well. It's funny though, I know the K2 movie but don't think of Zimmer as being attached to it. Much like the soundtrack, it's a bit of an underrated film in general. Which is not to say it's "realistic," just entertaining from what I remember. Thanks again for putting this together!

Just now, Patrick Carlson said:

Nice one, @RossBondReturns. Hans Zimmer is one of my favorites as well. It's funny though, I know the K2 movie but don't think of Zimmer as being attached to it. Much like the soundtrack, it's a bit of an underrated film in general. Which is not to say it's "realistic," just entertaining from what I remember. Thanks again for putting this together!

Thanks Patrick, Zimmer was only attached to K2 in Europe...the rest of the world got Chaz Jankels score.

That in itself is a great score too but it's essentially vanished and was never released in stores which is very very uncool if you ask me.

3 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

Thanks Patrick, Zimmer was only attached to K2 in Europe...the rest of the world got Chaz Jankels score.

That in itself is a great score too but it's essentially vanished and was never released in stores which is very very uncool if you ask me.

Ok, different OSTs. Makes sense. I seem to remember the American version having guitars, synth, more in that vein. Always enjoy a good Michael Biehn movie though. 

Archived