Interloper lite experience level

JoE Smash

I'd love an "Interloper Lite" experience mode.

The scarcity of items typical of Interloper, with it's currently extreme weather and World Decay, but you still start with a bedroll in moderate to poor condition and you still have a chance to find all items...they are just really rare. Meaning hatchets, knives, bows, rifles, good clothes and food can still be found, they are just really hard to find...like everything else in Interloper.

Oh and you still start without a hat and gloves and have the other crappy clothes, lol.

To be clear, yes I understand there is Stalker. I don’t mean like Stalker. Stalker is a special mode for those who love avoiding wolves, lol...

This would be the scarcity of Interloper with it's awful weather, just with the possibility of finding any item in the game....even if it takes exploring the entirety of every map to find them.

Oh and since it's "Lite" maybe you can pick what map you start on...

That would be alright...

I don't play Interloper much yet, I tried it a few times and I have watched videos of others play it.

The main complaint seems to be that every interloper run involves having to go to one of two maps with a forge to go craft tools, as soon as it's possible to do so.

It's still good to head to a forge relatively soon on all playthroughs to go craft arrowheads....but this would make it not absolutely necessary to go do so. You could try your luck on scavenging the whole map you start on for stuff, and you could luck out that way with RNG on your side.

I really want to play Interloper to have more scarcity of items, but without insane wolf spaws like on Stalker, and without having to immediately start planning my trip to a forge...

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely agree I love the challenge of interloper and the different way you have to play having no bedroll/ hatchet etc is really enjoyable. However it can be very mentally taxing(just lost a day 38 interloper run because I was tired(IRL) and got too brave with a wolf,lol) it can be a bit too much of a struggle at times.

so I'd say change stalker/ make a new game mode where its the same as interloper(no bedroll/ good starting gear and really scarce supplies) but there are tools and a gun.

I would make it 1x knife / hatchet can be found in each region(as in if you get a knife in ML you wont get a hatchet and will have to travel to another region for the hatchet) and only 1x gun in the entire game/ 1x on TWM summit and one somewhere in the world.

I think this would be a good rebalance for stalker/ a new mode.

any thoughts folks?

7 minutes ago, sierra 117 said:

I absolutely agree I love the challenge of interloper and the different way you have to play having no bedroll/ hatchet etc is really enjoyable. However it can be very mentally taxing(just lost a day 38 interloper run because I was tired(IRL) and got too brave with a wolf,lol) it can be a bit too much of a struggle at times.

so I'd say change stalker/ make a new game mode where its the same as interloper(no bedroll/ good starting gear and really scarce supplies) but there are tools and a gun.

I would make it 1x knife / hatchet can be found in each region and only 1x gun in the entire game/ 1x on TWM summit and one somewhere in the world.

I think this would be a good rebalance for stalker/ a new mode.

any thoughts folks?

Something like that sounds good, and is I think is what the OP was looking for....

If there is only 1 possible gun somewhere, I would hope there are at least a few bows lying around in various places....

I think the scarcity of loot in general is a good challenge in Interloper itself. The mandatory forging aspect is the tedious bit, that causes the similarity of all playthroughs.

Removing the mandatory forging, but keeping the scarce loot in general is what I think us similarly minded people are requesting....

I would very much like to play a mode like this....

I could actually see it becoming the most popular mode for veteran experienced players in general...

It would still be challenging and hard, but not frustratingly so...and not repetitive due to the necessity of traveling to FM or DP as soon as humanly possible....

yeah id like to see the bow spawns reintroduced in a mode like this. I found it quite disappointing when I realised the random bow spawns had been disabled and even the one guaranteed spawn was removed on interloper.

also every house in coastal townsite(around Quonset) and the cabins at the edge of CH (DP side) are burned down on every interloper ive done yet, makes I really hard travelling from CH to DP without a bedroll, which I've never found on interloper until day 22 on my last play.

So yeah I say interloper just a wee bit too harsh.

Just now, sierra 117 said:

yeah id like to see the bow spawns reintroduced in a mode like this. I found it quite disappointing when I realised the random bow spawns had been disabled and even the one guaranteed spawn was removed on interloper.

also every house in coastal townsite(around Quonset) and the cabins at the edge of CH (DP side) are burned down on every interloper ive done yet, makes I really hard travelling from CH to DP without a bedroll, which I've never found on interloper until day 22 on my last play.

So yeah I say interloper just a wee bit too harsh.

That is an excellent point I did not think of at all. Yes, I would also like them to tweak the burned down houses a tad. Maybe 2 or 3 in the Coastal Highway Town, and at least one Waterfront Cottage at the DP stop over location. On Voyager I got 2 out of 3 there. One would be adaquate to store tools for the trip and to rest up. I guess on Interloper you must be stuck with using the car right before the Crumbling Highway. Sleeping in cars makes me nervous, lol...

Archived