I feel bad for the programmers who have to deal with the bug list...

JoE Smash

I wish more people would ask if a game mechanic was actually a bug in the forums before reporting any little thing that didn't go as planned as a bug.

I wonder what percentage of bugs reported are not bugs, but intentional mechanics that are working properly. I feel bad for whoever has to respond to all these tickets, especially the ones that are not bugs. I would probably go insane in a week....

For instance someone just reported  (like 10 minutes ago) that the rifle was bugged because a bear charged him/her and they shot the bear at point blank range, but they were mauled anyway.

They confirmed the bear was shot and bleeding.

That could easily be cleared up if that person watched a video about hunting bears in the game, or read about the rifle in the wiki or something.

Animals in the game are not one shot one kill, unless you get lucky and crit on a head shot. Especially bears. I've watched videos of bears being shot in the game, and on average they take 3 bullets/arrows even if you hit them in the face.

At least two or three people reported that an Old Man's Beard dressing didn't stop their blood loss. Even though that was changed in the last patch from being a bandage AND antiseptic to JUST an antiseptic.

The poor poor bug people....

I drink to you!

Comes with the territory. I did a little Unreal Tournament mapping back in the day and you would not believe how many gripes about non-issues come in, very often reported as errors or bugs when in fact they are simply how that particular map is to be played. There are times in the development stage where such bug report overload is very useful, because it is usually easy to winnow through the useless reports and what remains can cover a large range of issues -- better than no feedback, in the long run. I do agree that people should educate themselves better about the game before posting "bugs," though.

Archived