Cattails as insulation boost

Kristabzz

Nice touch with the Cattails. didn't know they can be eaten.
When i first saw them in game, I hoped they could be used to insulate my clothes though
The hairy seeds can be stuffed inside your shoes, gloves or any other wearable clothing. Reinforcing the insulation qualities.

This is a trick to surviving colds in extreme conditions. Because the "reinforcement" can not be removed. it's a permenent damage with some perks :)

any way. here is a link to back my thought.
http://www.survivopedia.com/how-to-use-cattail-for-survival/

P.S. awesome game. respect the work you are doing <3

1 hour ago, Kristabzz said:

Nice touch with the Cattails. didn't know they can be eaten.
When i first saw them in game, I hoped they could be used to insulate my clothes though
The hairy seeds can be stuffed inside your shoes, gloves or any other wearable clothing. Reinforcing the insulation qualities.

This is a trick to surviving colds in extreme conditions. Because the "reinforcement" can not be removed. it's a permenent damage with some perks :)

any way. here is a link to back my thought.
http://www.survivopedia.com/how-to-use-cattail-for-survival/

P.S. awesome game. respect the work you are doing <3

In other threads people are arguing about not being able to sleep on the floor of a house with no bed, or a cave without a bedroll....yet we can craft a snow shelter with sticks and cloth ouside the house or cave, and sleep in the snow shelter with no bedroll.

Your information gives solid evidence of crafting a makeshift temporary bed out of the cattail heads we already collect for tinder, and maybe some cloth. Nice post, I did not know/think of this!

Some years ago in a local kids TV show there was a guy giving tips and trick for surviving outside. He tried this theory on his jacket (not the cheep one). He could throw out it Because the cattail seeds were stuck there after the experiment!

His by-name was "Stag" :)

I was reading about natural pain relievers and more specifically rose hips. There is some evidence to indicate this, but game wise they should be more of a gatherable food than a medicine. I guess they can be eaten raw, as is. They make good jams and jellies too.

Birch leaves and bark on the other hand have much stronger evidence for pain relief, as they have salicylate in them which is similar to salicylic acid (asprin) like in willow bark.

https://www.anniesremedy.com/betula-alba-birch-bark-leaf.php

• 3 months later...
On ‎2017‎.‎07‎.‎08‎. at 11:03 PM, JoE Smash said:

... I guess they can be eaten raw, as is. They make good jams and jellies too...

i've had some , and yes they are tasty :)

didn't know about birch bark as a painkiller.

also oak bark is good at stopping diarrhea (hope diarrhea is not implemented in the game) :D 

Archived