Crafting indoors with moon light

Renegade30

Sometimes when it's full moon in the middle of the night, indoor areas with windows can be well lit up as shown in this screenshot.

I think we should be able to craft in the vicinity of this light area. Some areas are very dark during daytime, but this particular area seemed to be even lighter than those dark areas. Shouldn't the dark\light check be based on luminosity if possible rather than time or fire check?

screen_1d523070-9fd2-4245-ac96-ecf565b88567_hi.png

• 3 weeks later...

Did mention in another post but thought would throw in here too in most cases now it's far far too dark in houses and buildings that have multiple windows.  If it's pitch black out,  fine. Makes sense.  If there's a moon,  eyes can adjust just fine and make out basic detail on a normal night.  It's annoying. I recall in earlier versions there was a night vision effect where you could make out small details with a blue tinge to everything.  Unless Canadian buildings now have Minature black holes in them that absorb all natural light,  I quietly hope the ambient light Is lifted a couple of shades 

I've been reading books in the light emitted from the Trapper's Cabin.  I'm not sure if that's really what's going on.

Though, I find it a bit weird that there's light coming from the window, but when I walk in the cabin itself, it's completely dark.  Sure does look pretty from the outside, though.

It's annoying as heck...I hope they patch it to allow a little more moonlight, starlight, and when they add the aurora borealis effect light to buildings with windows. They shouldn't be completely and totally pitch black like they are now. It's like my basement with no windows and no lights on. I can see in the rest of my house at night with light from windows.

I believe that in the future, whenver a candle/animal Tallow system is implemented, this may be circumvented. I at least hope it is. I have spent so many cardboard matches trying to go to bed in the Camp Office and not bump into Freezy McGee The Friendly Corpse. 

• 1 year later...

There are certain kinds of moons or light harvesting systems that you could use for toasting, all discussed in comments on other answers. A reflective moon (moon lamps for kids), for example. Or a "lunar panel array" of photovoltaic panels, hooked up to a heating element. Or maybe built an optical cavity of mirrors surrounding the moon to increase the power incident on the moon and thus raise its temperature.

Archived