Temperature Issues

Nicholai

Sorry if it's duplicate.

First, I cannot benefit from wind chill bonus of some gears. Toque or working gloves don't work ie. See the ss.

Second, I cannot benefit from perm +2 feeling temp. badge. Yeah, I have activated it before start.

asd.png

Kind of hard to tell what condition those clothes are in, but I'm pretty sure only the outermost layer provides windchill bonus.

Curiously, you select a screenshot with your thermal underwear selected rather than a toque or your gloves.

If all your gear was at 100% (which it clearly isnt as shown by the thermal underwear) it would provide a +4.5c windchill bonus (only outer clothing counts toward this) ie.

• Head: Toque +1 (2nd toque ignored)
  • Torso: Ski jacket +2 (Sweatshirt/sweater ignored)
  • Hands: Work gloves: +0.5
  • Legs: Jeans: +0 (thermal underwear ignored but 0 anyway)
  • Feet: Work Boots +1 (socks ignored)

The fact that you currently have 4c out of this potential 4.5c maximum seems to indicate it is more than likely correct.

As for warmth bonus, again if all your clothes were 100% condition, you would have a maximum bonus of 13.25c from clothing, of which you have +12c. Again, pretty good and would indicate it is likely correct.

At least none of the clothes are wet or frozen though, that would lessen the values considerably.

With regard to the +2 from the badge, I don't believe that would show up on the clothing bonus total as it isn't a clothing value. Looking on your main stats page however and comparing that the feels like temperatures etc, you should find that it is being applied.

Edit: Incidentally

• Waterproof Bonus and Windproof Protection and Protection bonus only applies to the outermost item of each body section. (The ones most visible as an outmost garment on the paper doll in the middle is an easy way to tell)
  • Warmth Bonus and Sprint reduction and Weight (obviously) applies to all items 

Thanks for long explanation, I didn't know that only the outer layer is counted for windchill protection. It was the first time I summed up these values and checked them. Now I'm thinking that ignoring all this stuff makes sense or not. Anyway, this information will certainly change my clothing concept, thanks again.

I didn't select thermal underwear deliberalety ofc, just it was open on the screen. And the two sreenshots below show warmth bonus as 13 (summed up as 12.6), air temp. as 3 and a total 16. It should be 18 with +2 bonus.

Edit: typo.

asd.png

fgh.png

@Nicholai Right, that's the page I was expecting it to be noticeable on, but the 3°c (Air temp) + 13°c (warmth bonus from clothing) only shows the 16°c not the expected 18°c given that you are using the the selected feat badge.

Might need to get confirmation from @Patrick Carlson or @Mel Guille as to whether this is a bug or just a display glitch - or whether in fact it is checkable in some other manner.

Archived