The despair at 10%

TheRedFox

I was at max's last stand i had killed a bear sometime ago and i had found it so i decided to quarter it i thought i had enough to get threw without dyeing i have the temperature bar red and sleep bar red how can i get back to trappers cabin to survive in a humans case i recon the human would make it why :survival instincts what about the rush of adrenaline yes there tied but the will power to live would that not drive them on? so my question is how could i survive could i survive if this were a real situation and in the game?

Kind of bad form to post the exact same question in two areas; seems like spamming.

Exhausted and freezing? Get to shelter immediately; freezing will kill you much faster than hunger. Or you should have taken only what you immediately needed from the bear and taken shelter sooner. In reality? Who knows...probably the same.

3 hours ago, Carbon said:

Kind of bad form to post the exact same question in two areas; seems like spamming.

Exhausted and freezing? Get to shelter immediately; freezing will kill you much faster than hunger. Or you should have taken only what you immediately needed from the bear and taken shelter sooner. In reality? Who knows...probably the same.

so what would you suggest, because a handful of bugs caused this to happen i should not of gone down to 10% if i knew that would happen i would of not done it.

Handful of bugs? I'm not sure what you're talking about. Your OP was hard enough to read, but nowhere did you mention bugs.

You were at Max's Last Stand, found a bear, decided to quarter it but your temperature and sleep icons are red. That's how I understand what you wrote and your question then was how could you have gotten back to Trapper's Cabin alive...? That's how I answered anyhow.

If that's not it, then sorry, but I can't help until you re-write your post clearly.

@TheRedFox  Well, you had quite a few options already.

1. Start a fire next to the bear carcass, so that you can spend the hours quartering it etc in relative warmth. Making sure that the duration of the fire is long enough to cover the time it takes to work on the carcass. Of course, weather changes might during this time might affect or even blow out the fire. Still it is a good precautionary measure.
  2. Too far from shelter at low condition - find a relatively close by safe spot and build a snow shelter...
  3. Build a fire to immediately warm up, get rid of your hypothermia risk, dry out wet clothing, drink...
  4. Drop anything that is over-encumbering you so that you can move faster.. you can pick up what you dropped later.
  5. Use an emergency stim. This is the 'added adrenaline' / 'booster' that will enable you to fight against what every bodily instinct is telling you and surge on for a short time with focused determination.

12 hours ago, TheRedFox said:

so what would you suggest, because a handful of bugs caused this to happen i should not of gone down to 10%

If your condition got down to 10% because of quartering a bear, it's not a bug. It's because you were careless. (And I've read your bug report) You didn't consider that the weather might change and/or the temperature might drop during the hours it took to quarter the bear. You should have done as @Miniwizard suggests, and built a fire next to the carcass.. and even then, a weather change might put out the fire, and you could still freeze. That's called "bad luck", or even "shit happens". It's not a bug.

(You could also have done what @Carbon suggested, and taken just a few steaks, to let yourself build up condition and wait for better weather before coming back for the rest.)

12 hours ago, TheRedFox said:

if i knew that would happen i would of not done it.

Well, now you do know, and next time you'll be more careful. How do you think all of us here got good at this game? By dying over and over again, usually due to our own stupid mistakes. And we STILL die due to making mistakes. Sometimes we die due to plain old bad luck. But every death is a learning experience. Start again, and try to do better.

16 hours ago, TheRedFox said:

i have the temperature bar red and sleep bar red how can i get back to trappers cabin to survive

You just have to go for it. Run, if you can, although it sounds like you're too exhausted to be able to run. Drop as many items as you can spare before you try. If you make it, great.. if you die, well, that's just the way things go sometimes. Life isn't meant to be easy, doesn't owe you any favours, and it's often unfair. Next time, be more careful, and you'll live longer.

Archived