Going from Healthy to Death in a Single Sleep

I tried to submit this on your Jira bug tracker but got an error

"Component/s" field is required and the project "PUBLIC The Long Dark Bug Database" does not have any components.

I'll just post it here...

I recently died from full health by freezing to death sleeping outside next to a fire. (I am assuming my fire got blown out by the wind). Without first being woken up.

I noticed in v.264 changelog there is a list item that says 

Only wake player up after fire dies out if player is freezing

however this did not happen. Perhaps I ran into an edge case.

I went to sleep for 10h with full health, and full warmth. While sleeping the pop up showed up and said "Risk of hypothermia", and then the next pop-up saying "Hypothermia Affliction", and then it went to the "You Died" screen.

The main issue is that I wasnt woken up when becoming freezing, or hypothermic. It was very confusing due to my character being in such a good state. I think my fire was creating ~+60 degrees while it was burning.

I wasnt expecting to die so here was the state of my character to the best of my knowledge

- Stalker Difficulty

- Back of Carter dam (where all the pallets and crates are) training my firestarting skill

- Had a ~12h duration fire going between 2 giant pipes (it never seemed to be affected by wind)

- Full health (or near full), full warmth, Fully quenched thirst, very hungry, 

- very well equipped my best guess is ~ +20 warmth bonus ~ +10 windchill 

- I was not in the red for tiredness yet, but i was very tired. I selected 12h for sleeping, (but i would have been fully rested before that)

i created a related suggestion at 
http://www.hinterlandforums.com/index.php?/topic/15780-wake-up-player-if-a-certain-amount-of-discomfort-is-hit-while-sleeping/#comment-106349

Archived