Random Incident While Hunting

So, my current playthrough (in Pleasant Valley) saw me scrounging for food as I tried to get to Cinder Hills mine to cross into CH...with my current home being the rural store, I headed upriver to try and tag myself a deer from the field north of the crossroads.

I get there, end up getting a little too close, and two of the four deer shoot off. So, I crouch and wait, and eventually, one gets fairly close, then stops. So, as most people might, I take the shot.

However, that shot goes somewhere that probably wasn't even in the same post code as where I aimed it. As the deer runs off, I try for a second shot (a blizzard is closing in at this time), and somehow, I manage to hit it.

Somehow, with a perfect shot, I can't hit anything, but with a moving target, having just repositioned and firing at range, I manage to score a clean shot to take the animal down...I was chuckling.

Also, why was Pleasant Valley named as such? I've had multiple back-to-back blizzards yet again, which have kept me from going anywhere...I think it ironic that Pleasant Valley has dome of the worst weather in the game still.

At first it was a pleasant place. You could go for nice long walks and really enjoy some scenic views.  But the developers thought challenge could be more interesting.  Also, the game was stuck in the long dark age of rebuilding story mode to include 3-D cinematics (also called "2016").  So they re-tuned it last summer.  Aggressively.

Archived