Xbox ver.426 Won't Save

Karzee

Hi

I keep getting pop-ups saying,"Attempt to Save game FAILED. Check that sufficient storage is available". I've got over 100gb spare storage. I've only started having this issue since the Faithful Cartographer update came out, twice before the ver.426 patch, and although the 'Confirm' button now works allowing me to close the pop-up the game it still isn't being saved. Quitting right out of the game to the XBox dashboard and reloading seems to sort this out and I can continue to play. 

Just a thought but I wonder if it's got anything to do with me leaving the XBOX in sleep mode with TLD still loaded so I can instantly carry on the next time I switch the XBOX on. I don't know. Anyway, like I said, I've only had the issue since the FC update. I've made a video of issue:

XONE - ver.426 - Corrupt Save?

First Time Poster.

I finally joined the Hinterland Forums due to this problem. 

Like Karzee, I too started to experience this alert following the saving axe: “Attempt to save game FAILED. Check that sufficient storage is available.”

I have enough storage. 

These messages would load after entering buildings and sleeping. Initially they would freeze on screen and you would have to quit the game and reload. While you can now hit “a” to advance forward, I continued to get the messages. 

After thinking nothing had saved after a long play session on Coastal Highway, I thought if I map transitioned it would force the game to save—or possibly reset the bug. It didn’t. But as I dove into the basement on Crumbling Highway I tried one more time to drop my sleeping bag and sleep 1-hour for a save. Once again, the message displayed. Not wishing to go any further in case none of it had saved, I quit. But when I reloaded my 22-day game, I was right back in the basement. So i figured everything was fine! 

However, after powering back on my sleeping xone and loading TLD, my game-save had reverted back to 20-days and all of my previous play-through progress was gone. 

Not wanting to bother progressing with that game-save until the bug was fixed, I started a new game to see if the bug would persist. 

I spawned on Desolation Point right next to a mine entrance and went in. The saving axe displayed and no error message followed. So I quit that game and went back into my earlier game. After entering a building, the saving axe displayed and no error message showed.

Hmmmmmm.

this is the exact same problem I am having with my game.  I have many Gigabytes of space open on my xb1. 

I go so far as to unplug my xbox one and make sure both it and the TV completely power down.  Then I restart everything, open up the game and get one, maybe two, successful saves during game play before this happens again.  

This has brought my gameplay to a standstill as I am not able to keep anything that I accomplish or find.  Please help.

Same here. Although I didn't notice it happening until I after started saveing my journals. I'm currently in ML map and tryed voreger and pilgrim. I currently been playing in Offline mode is I no longer have internet.  I had to go to a friend's house just to download the new update. :D

I've been having the same problems and the only thing that helps is just as soon as the failed save notice pops up. I quit and go to more options then click manage game. from there go to saved data where I have 2 items. then click on reserved space which always says 256 MB then go to clear reserved space. it takes a few seconds but you will see reserved space disappear leaving just 1 item. then go back to game I usually can keep saving for an hour or so. it depends how much you have sleep or wait. I hope this helps,its the only way I can continue to play till the bug is fixed.

I have the very same problem. I have 3 Pilgrims going now. The first one made it to 87 days, the second to around 50 days, and the third only made it to 14 days. Problem seems to be getting worse. I started the subsequent games out of frustration at not being able to continue with the first. Today I went back to the first and made it to 91 days, thinking that the problem had been resolved. Nope. Got the "Attempt to save game FAILED" message, cleared the reserved space, and reverted back to 87 days in a cabin at the fishing huts on Coastal Highway. Seems like once the cloud save gets corrupted you are toast. Anyone looking into XBox 1 save mechanism? I know there were issues with it before quite a while back.

I'm having the same problem.  Tried leaving Trapper's three separate times in route to Muskeg and it will not save at all in Muskeg, leaving me at Trappers, again.  This is beyond frustrating as my run is essentially unable to progress.  Some feedback on this from the devs would be nice.  

I've forwarded this thread to support - it's an issue we are investigating. Thanks for your patience as we do that. 

One step that has resolved some of these issues for players is to do a full power cycle on your Xbox - instructions here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

Let us know if that helps in any way. 

2 hours ago, Support said:

Another step you can try is deleting just your local saves, and letting the cloud resync. 

Actually this did solve the problem when I first had the issue (and made this thread). I (daftly) deleted ALL saves for all games to see if it would remove the pop-up error. It did and many hours of play later it's yet to reappear.

Update on troubleshooting: 

I have done both a restart for the xone as well as deleting the local saves for TLD and re-syncing via the cloud.

I'm currently stuck in the Townsite on Coastal Highway.

I've checked in daily to see if the bug is still present by entering and exciting two houses.

After the first two transitions through their doors, the save axe displays and everything is fine. However, on the third entry the Save Fail Error consistently appears after the axe.

So at this point, I get two saves and then it bricks.

Unplayable...

On 6/26/2017 at 3:04 PM, Karzee said:

Actually this did solve the problem when I first had the issue (and made this thread). I (daftly) deleted ALL saves for all games to see if it would remove the pop-up error. It did and many hours of play later it's yet to reappear.

"delete all saves"  <- I have no idea how to do this.  we are talking about XB1 system, right?  

However, this is the procedure I follow.  

What I do is:

1. power down everything.  (XB1 & TV)

2. unplug everything.  (XB1 & TV)

3. press and release XB1 console start button 4 times.

4. plug everything back in.  (XB1 & TV)

5. power back up  (XB1 & TV)

6. Start TLD game I was having problems with.

7. play until Saving Error appears again (usually 1 to 2, maybe 3 more saves - i.e. sleeping/waking up, going into buildings, wolf attacks, etc.)

8. repeat procedure from step 1.

hence, I have three saved games I cant play with any consistency (the longest being 184 days) because of this issue.

By the way, is this the "delete all saves" procedure you were referring to?

It seems we are all having the same issue on xbox 1...I've done everything listed above to remedy the saving issue...this is soo frustrating I wish this update never happened as tld is pretty much unplayable at this point...I sent a email to hinterland about a week ago and got no reply..very frustrating to hear nothing back from them...so I Dont want to hear anything about deleting local saved games and hard restarting my xbox bc I've done that as I stated above...this is a hinterland issue so please fix asap!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I've noticed that this only seems to happen in (or after going through) the smaller maps and transitional zones.  I was unable to save at all in Desolation Point.  With the same game, I just went back through Crumbling Highway and into Coastal Highway, and I've been fine for quite a few saves.  Hope this helps! 

Archived