1920 x 1080 windowed not an option

tnbp

I play with a multi-monitor setup.  If I play full windowed, I get an option for 1920x1080, which is the native resolution for each of my monitors.  But if I select windowed mode, I lose the ability to choose 1920x1080 as a resolution.  What can I do to force a 1920x1080 resolution in windowed mode?  I played that way for years prior to the recent test branch.

10 hours ago, Rada_ said:

Same here, but my resolution is 1680x1050.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we have three options? Full screen, windowed, and borderless?

I believe you're correct, yes. 

What is further odd is that I can use either a batch file or the launch options in Steam to initially force the correct resolution-- but as soon the menu comes up, it switches the resolution back down to the incorrect one and removes the option, as originally stated.

This might be the first time I've ever experienced software that eliminates the option of playing in the native resolution of the monitor. Very, very odd. 

not sure but I use a dual monitor setup or do you have three screens? dual seems to work ok with screen res.

just run the game as normal, you will still see your second screen as windows/desktop yes? and the game loads in your main screen?

I think they also just added extra options in settings see if that helps.

2 hours ago, tnbp said:

No response to this?  There's no way to play in my monitor's native resolution in windowed mode?

Sometimes you have to rattle their cage a little.. like this:

Hey @Support, can you throw a little light on this, please?

26 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Sometimes you have to rattle their cage a little.. like this:

Hey @Support, can you throw a little light on this, please?

Also posting multi negative comments over and over does not help no one either. you might find it also has a negative response.

On 6/9/2017 at 8:10 AM, nicko said:

not sure but I use a dual monitor setup or do you have three screens? dual seems to work ok with screen res.

just run the game as normal, you will still see your second screen as windows/desktop yes? and the game loads in your main screen?

I think they also just added extra options in settings see if that helps.

I use three screens, but I'm not sure why that should change things (unless you're thinking that it can't detect the native resolution or something?)  As I stated in my OP, I was always able to play it in the correct resolution prior to this past test branch.

On 6/9/2017 at 10:35 AM, nicko said:

Also posting multi negative comments over and over does not help no one either. you might find it also has a negative response.

I'm not sure if this is in response to me or not, but I'm not intending to be negative.  I originally asked, "What can I do to force a 1920x1080 resolution in windowed mode? " and then followed up with, "No response to this?  There's no way to play in my monitor's native resolution in windowed mode?"  I don't think either of those are negative posts.  I'd really like to be able to play the game using the equipment I have as the equipment intends it.  It's very, very distracting (and sometimes hard to see) when you have a half inch wide border around the window.  And, sure, I could simply not play in windowed mode-- but I shouldn't have that option forced away from me when others don't.  I sometimes have information up on another screen that I'm using while I play.  So...  I'd like to be able to play the game as I was always able to in the past, which I don't find to be a negative request.

On 6/7/2017 at 7:11 PM, tnbp said:

I play with a multi-monitor setup.  If I play full windowed, I get an option for 1920x1080, which is the native resolution for each of my monitors.  But if I select windowed mode, I lose the ability to choose 1920x1080 as a resolution.  What can I do to force a 1920x1080 resolution in windowed mode?  I played that way for years prior to the recent test branch.

Sorry you didn't get a response from us earlier! I checked in with Support and they suggested that you haven't tried it yet, you might be able to force a resolution via command line. There are instructions on how to access it in the Tech FAQ.

7 hours ago, Mel Guille said:

Sorry you didn't get a response from us earlier! I checked in with Support and they suggested that you haven't tried it yet, you might be able to force a resolution via command line. There are instructions on how to access it in the Tech FAQ.

Thanks for the response.  I have tried this.  I can initially force the correct resolution-- but once the menu pops up, the game resets the window and it defaults to a smaller resolution.  The opening cinematic and text all are at the correct resolution.  But there must be some sort of reset of the window after that.

• 2 weeks later...

So...  Still no other response to this?  The game just can't offer me the resolution option I need?  Like I said before, it's odd because I've ALWAYS played it in windowed mode in the correct resolution-- right up until this past test branch.

Archived