Made My Own Wintermute Video

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-5-22 at 4:48 AM, SnowWalker said:

I've wanted to make a Long Dark video to this song so badly but of course Youtube won't let me use the song. I thought that maybe it would be okay to put it here though, even for awhile. If it's not okay, I'll take it down.

Wintermute.mp4

Really really cool!

6 hours ago, nicko said:

probably easier you just upload it to your youtube account then copy paste the youTube url here?

He can't because of the copyrighted music. 

7 hours ago, nicko said:

ha used to be 1-2mb vids a few years ago lol. also I think youTube compresses and streams vidoes much better these days?

"A few years ago" is one of those things which doesn't work on informatics. Things change. Rendering quality changes. 

This seems like a pretty high-quality video (I could be wrong as I'm watching from mobile) so, again, ~200MB for 5 min is not bad. 

And yes, YouTube would probably cut that number in half.

5 hours ago, Rada_ said:

"A few years ago" is one of those things which doesn't work on informatics. Things change. Rendering quality changes. 

This seems like a pretty high-quality video (I could be wrong as I'm watching from mobile) so, again, ~200MB for 5 min it's not bad. 

And yes, YouTube would probably cut that number in half.

Yeah, I went for middle of the road quality. I could have made it even better and so it would be a way larger file but I really don't see the difference, to me good is good. I should have thought to make it smaller though since I knew I was uploading here but I don't think of 213 mg as very big anymore.

Archived