Another Go at Interloper - Dead By Wolf at Day 39

Yolan

Last night I died at day 39 in interloper, failing to beat my previous 45 day record. This was super frustrating, as I was actually doing better than in my previous run, having just succeeded in getting my knife, axe, and 30 arrowheads at DP, and only a minutes walk away from reaching my planned long term base on jack-rabbit island. I had burned up all my calories and food supplies while forging the metal and getting back (coming down with cabin fever while on the boat forced me to spend time sleeping in a couple of cars with fires burning next to them, as I had no sleeping bag, this helped to throw my food calculations out), and was doing fishing in the fishing hut between misanthropes and jackrabbits to get some much needed calrories for the night. I was getting down to the 30s with my health, so I was desperate for food. I got a couple of the whitefish, which was enough to tide me over, and I should have stopped there and got to shelter, as night was coming. Foolishly, I didn't want to stop given I had enough to keep the fire burning, and wanted that big fish to really help me rest and heal for a day. Night fell, and still no big fish. But I hadn't properly checked my orientation relative to the door, and struggled to find the island on the ice at night. I probably could have found it eventually, as I was only off by a few degrees, but a wolf found me first. With such low health I had no chance...

A totally avoidable and frustrating death. I had the feeling that I could have made it much longer this time.

Something I did learn though, was how far I can get around without even having a bedroll! Not easy, but can be done!

Archived