Info: Upcoming Test Branch, FAITHFUL CARTOGRAPHER Timeline, Save Wipe

Admin

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mystery guy said:

I just wanted to mention that this image that Ralph posted on his twitter is most likely mystery lake, somewhere near the logging trailers and/or clear cut. The building appears to be the forestry tower lookout thing......

IMG_0208.JPG

We're all going to be getting lost all over again...

hopefully!

(I think that looks more like Coastal Highway, by the way)

2 hours ago, JAFO said:

I was just thinking the same thing.

Does that lookout tower (the one in CH) have a small bridge you have to cross (like the one to the light house) before you can climb up?   Hard to tell from the screen shot but it looks like this particular tower has a small bridge associated with it. 

The tower in ML I'm very familiar with but the one in CH I've only visited two or three times ...

There's no bridge in both lookouts. Changes as been made!

I think it's Costal Highway as well not because I can be sure about the place, they could have changed even more stuff, but because it wouldn maybe make more sense to change that lookout that the kind of special one where you have to escalate the mountain to find it. But I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, Doc Gonzo said:

Does that lookout tower (the one in CH) have a small bridge you have to cross (like the one to the light house) before you can climb up?   Hard to tell from the screen shot but it looks like this particular tower has a small bridge associated with it. 

The tower in ML I'm very familiar with but the one in CH I've only visited two or three times ...

I'm not sure it's a bridge: I think the thin dark strip is probably the top of a rockface, with a patch of snow visible below it, rather than a bridge with the sky visible below it.

But I guess we'll find out soon enough. I'm going to start on a random map as always, but I'm definitely going to be in explorer mode rather than base-hoarding mode for this one!

2 minutes ago, Pillock said:

I'm not sure it's a bridge: I think the thin dark strip is probably the top of a rockface, with a patch of snow visible below it, rather than a bridge with the sky visible below it.

But I guess we'll find out soon enough. I'm going to start on a random map as always, but I'm definitely going to be in explorer mode rather than base-hoarding mode for this one!

Boy you might be right about the snow/rock but it's so hard to tell ... well hopefully the mystery is over soon ;-)

19 minutes ago, Doc Gonzo said:

Boy you might be right about the snow/rock but it's so hard to tell ... well hopefully the mystery is over soon ;-)

No way that it is a rock. :)

15 minutes ago, tuvia23 said:

when you guys play the test build , what difficulty do you choose , me personally i do interloper.

Interloper, Stalker has too much stuff on it.

Hello all

I have 2 questions about the next update

- since am new to the forum, how do one have access to the test branch ?

- the teaser about the story mode has shown some new areas. Do we know if this is about new regions ? Anyone of those being out for next update ?

And congratulation to hinterland, TLD is a fine game :)

10 minutes ago, Athoen said:

Hello all

- the teaser about the story mode has shown some new areas. Do we know if this is about new regions ? Anyone of those being out for next update ?

Welcome to the forum Athoen!

When the test branch goes live they will post the instructions ... there's a few things you have to do in steam but they're easy things.

I'll let others speculate on the story mode /  new areas question ... I know there's news about it but I'm not sure what it is exactly.

8 minutes ago, Athoen said:

Hello all

Welcome Athoen! When the test branch is live on Steam we'll make active the section of the official forums where discussion around that version will take place. And you'll see instructions posted in the announcements above on how to access it if and when you want to take part. 

32 minutes ago, Athoen said:

Hello all

There shouldn't be any new area on this update. The content was previewed in a post but now that you made me think about it there could be some surprise. But I'd say no.

3 hours ago, Doc Gonzo said:

Well if I may explain myself, if you notice, there is no mountain behind the tower. Therefore it must be either mystery lake or a new reigion, I seriously doubt that it's a new region. Also the pic looks to have been taken on the path between the logging cabins and clearcut. 

21 minutes ago, Mystery guy said:

Well if I may explain myself, if you notice, there is no mountain behind the tower. Therefore it must be either mystery lake or a new reigion, I seriously doubt that it's a new region. Also the pic looks to have been taken on the path between the logging cabins and clearcut. 

Very good points on the lack of earth behind the tower.  It's ML I'm almost sure as well.  I at first thought it was between train derailment and the bridge near the dam but I think your location might be closer to the ground truth.

Ralph answered me, it's not a new region. Mistery lake then! I didn't thought about the mountain in the background.

Maybe they noticed that the path up was too long? Not enough players got there? Maybe they've added wolves on the road up, similar to how it is near the lighthouse in desolation point. You have wolves just before the bridge and they can follow you.

1 minute ago, togg said:

Ralph answered me, it's not a new region. Mistery lake then! I didn't thought about the mountain in the background.

Maybe they noticed that the path up was too long? Not enough players got there? Maybe they've added wolves on the road up, similar to how it is near the lighthouse in desolation point. You have wolves just before the bridge and they can follow you.

Whatever it is I can't wait too see it!

4 minutes ago, togg said:

Cool! if it is ML they really re-shaped the whole mountain side and this could be the view coming from the dam going towards the derailment

Archived