Clothing Strategies: Layering, Drying, Effects [POLL]

SteveP

Clothing strategy  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 6/22/2017 at 11:42 PM, cullam said:

It also kind of irks me that wind protection doesn't do anything, except on the outer layer. It's unintuitive, makes clothing items often much less useful than they appear, and is highly unrealistic. I live in a very windy place, and any protection between you and the wind, at any layer, is helpful. 

Absolutely.. there is no logical reason for windproofing not to stack, the same as warmth.

• 3 weeks later...
On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 7:45 AM, Jolan said:

@Timber Wolf Graphs! You're my hero!  @StevePI have noticed that the air temperature does seem to affect how quickly things will dry and that in FM my boots will get wet even when nothing else is. And if you have the wrong layers on the outside your encumbrance can dramatically increase and/or you lose warmth bonuses.  So as an example fleece mittens really are useless when wet, wool sweaters get heavy but keep the warmth bonus.  But a better option would be to have something with a higher waterproofing on the outer layer and wool on the inner layer.   I've also noticed that you can get wet clothing even during a "light" snow.  If your items get frozen you lose your frostbite protection.  Which is how I lost a toe in FM while hanging in a snow shelter.

For your boots, they got wet from walking on the ice in the entire center section of Forlorn Muskeg. On the wiki it says your boots and socks get wet from walking on ice and frozen lakes. This doesn't seem to be implemented evenly on all maps. Forlorn Muskeg seems to be the worst (as in my boots got wet very fast) of the ice I have walked on. Mystery Lake was far less severe. My boots don't seem to be getting wet at all on the ice at Costal Highway.

Archived