Countdown

Admin

18 hours ago, cekivi said:

Welcome to the forums @Piggy ^_^

Based on your comments I assume you live in the lower mainland?

Thanks! Looking forward to the storyline release.... Love this Game.

That's correct, North Shore - Nanaimo Ferry is 10mins away!

Cheers!

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For anyone who hasn't seen it, they're offering TLD on Steam and saying last chance to buy at early access price. This seems to confirm story mode yes? Now where's my sandbox update...

*****************************************************************************************

In collaboration with Valve, The Long Dark will be available for 50% off its current $19.99 Early Access price during this week's Steam "Midweek Madness" sale, which starts today(April 25th).

This is to acknowledge all the community support you've given us over the years, and to offer one last chance to purchase the game at the Early Access price point.

Thanks for your support, and we can't wait to share what's coming next!

- The Hinterland Team

2 hours ago, Jytton Lames said:

For anyone who hasn't seen it, they're offering TLD on Steam and saying last chance to buy at early access price. This seems to confirm story mode yes? Now where's my sandbox update...

To be fair, either Story Mode or the Sandbox update will appear in about a week's time, so either way it isn't long to wait.

The Steam sale lasts until the 28th, so it's unlikely anything will be released before that time, but it would be great if the Sandbox update appeared before or during this weekend, what with Monday being a public holiday!

Quick question to admin (or anybody who may know),

When story mode is released (whether it is after count down is finished or in the future),

I dare say it will be on Steam for anyone who has purchased from them to download,

But I purchased from GOG will it also be available from them at the same time as release ?

2 hours ago, Mystery guy said:

What if within 24 hours after the countdown ends, the sandbox updates, and then we get story mode like 15 minutes later.

I'd say ... everything is possible with Hinterland. I wouldn't be suprised, if this would be the case :D ... anyway ... looking forward to what ever happens on 4th of May ... 

6 hours ago, Pillock said:

To be fair, either Story Mode or the Sandbox update will appear in about a week's time, so either way it isn't long to wait.

The Steam sale lasts until the 28th, so it's unlikely anything will be released before that time, but it would be great if the Sandbox update appeared before or during this weekend, what with Monday being a public holiday!

Oh my gosh yess!

10 hours ago, Pillock said:

Oh thanks a lot mate, I've been trying to think of other stuff now you've got me all edgy again!

Imagine: Sandbox Update Friday, Story Mode Next Thursday.

Meanwhile, time for a Valium... 

1 minute ago, AZHockeyNut said:

with the Countdown clock ending soon, I am surprised to not see another beta release for us to give a quick test to. The last few have required several quick patches. I would hate to see this just given out to the masses without some smaller roll out test.

Perhaps they will release the sandbox update, fix bugs to their satisfaction, then release the story mode.

I am beginning to think somehow that story mode could possibly be on the 4th still... the fact that the game has gone on sale for the final time swings my opionon that way a little. They said this will be the last time the game will be available for this cheap price tag. Either way im pretty keen 

1 hour ago, Timber Wolf said:

Perhaps they will release the sandbox update, fix bugs to their satisfaction, then release the story mode.

If they released sandbox tomorrow they'd have a week to squash bugs - they usually get the major ones within that anyway. On the other hand, if it's final release on the 4th they may have hired them in a posse o' them thar fancy playtesters and be reasonably sure it'll be ok.

Sounds risky though, one of my favourite games ever; Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines got lousy reviews because it was buggy on day one, including a game killer 3/4 way through a long addictive RPG. That and Valve messed them about with the Half Life 2 engine (3 please), so I heard. It's still selling as a cult classic on Steam but the company went bankrupt after launch, sad. But I'm not worried, just stressed. Can't seem to stop typing comments, perhaps someone could help me with this problem, hint hint Hinterland.. 

1 minute ago, Jolan said:

after all Bullwinkle was a real nice guy :)  Though with odd tastes in top hats

:D

Seriously though, I've walked up on more than a few moose in the spring and summer and they normally just looked at me before running away once my dog realised that there was something there :) 

7 minutes ago, cekivi said:

:D

Seriously though, I've walked up on more than a few moose in the spring and summer and they normally just looked at me before running away once my dog realised that there was something there :) 

I believe it.  The few times I've run across moose, I've given them a wide berth on general principal.  You know "wild animal = don't hassle" and "wow that's big = don't hassle".

12 minutes ago, Jolan said:

I believe it.  The few times I've run across moose, I've given them a wide berth on general principal.  You know "wild animal = don't hassle" and "wow that's big = don't hassle".

Both excellent pieces of advice :D 

Unlike tourists I've seen in Banff who try and walk up to a bull moose... or worse a bear O.o

30 minutes ago, Jytton Lames said:

Does anybody (except Hinterland who are currently running silent) remember when they usually post sandbox updates, if there is a usual time. I think it's been Fridays but morning, afternoon - any ideas? Obviously desperate here..

I don't remember, and for me, this is the most expected update, and the worst of this, I have a 2mb connection, it takes an eternity to discharge anything

Archived