Canadian Flag

Ice Hole

Recently  the Canadian flag saved my life and survived stumbling through a blizzard and was reduced to 1% health.

Traveling from the lookout tower back to the camp office I decided to stop and gather reishi mushrooms and rose hips at frozen creek.  All of a sudden a blizzard hits and decide to make a fire near the rocks at Frozen Creek.  Cook up some tea and since my food was low I brave the storm and head down to the Unnamed Pond to gather cattails.  On the way and near the cattails is wear an ankle sprain occurred.  Push on and grab several cattails and headed back to the fire.  Now my condition is somewhere near 20% and since I had the fire going for 3 hours I decide to wait out the storm.  After the first hour the wind shifted and now the fire is burning out and not enough materials to make another.  No time to make tea and so the hard decision is made.  Heading to the camp office in a blizzard on a sprained ankle.

The wind was brutal and visibility was further reduced since the sun had set.  Seeing the train tracks when condition was at 4% brought some shimmer of hope but as the health dropped so did vision.  The screen fades black and then clear for a moment and I became unsure of which direction to head towards.  Push on and follow the train tracks. Then there was a whipping and flapping sound.  The Canadian flag was snapping due to the strong winds. In between the wind howling the sound of the flag became a beacon. 

My heartbeat was dropping and health was now 2% the distant sound of the flag grew louder.  As I looked around and could not see anything just tried to head towards the flag whipping sound.  The sound of the flag drove me on and gave me hope that I might survive this dire situation.  The whipping and flapping sound became much louder and health is now at 1% but finally through fading vision I could see the outline of the camp office building. Stumbling towards the back door the flag again snapped and whipped loudly.  Now inside and salvation.  Cattails, water and rest finished off the adventure.

• 2 weeks later...

@Farrgin Ice Hole

Sound seems to play such an integral part of this game, its why I almost always play with headphones and the music turned off now. From hearing the flag to direct you home in a blizzard, to hearing a bear snorting in the woodland just over a snow mound it is such a life saver, keep you wits about you and survive!

Great story.

Archived