Trailblazing?

killfixx

I know we (me too) are against maps or map HUD. How about trailblazing? I know we can use sticks to point, but sticks are a finite resource(?) in Interloper.

Being able to mark trees along the path would be a great way to let new players learn the maps, and older players to keep track of resource locations during blizzards and fog.

Just a thought.

Having more environmental action would be awesome and probably needs to be added to make the game even more realistic than it already is (just add it to the list). This doesn't necessarily mean shoveling snow or breaking up ice in streams, but I love the idea of trailblazing. Honestly there's not much 'total wilderness' in the game's world, like areas that the devs have made nowhere near manmade structures. FM comes the closest, but it's very wide open and easy to navigate - minus the thin ice. If they were to add a trailblazing concept, all I think it would be good for in TLD's current state would be to help if you're completely lost or if, like you said, you're trying to navigate in a fog or blizzard. We just need more wilderness and trees if this mechanic is going to be used a lot.

Archived