Animals trying to get you in cars

Tbone555

The current 'jump in a car and the wolf / bear completely forgets you ever existed in the first place' technique has always bugged me since I started playing this game. It would be absolutely awesome if the wolf would climb on the hood of the car and claw at the windows, barking and snarling at you for a brief period before walking away in defeat. And depending on the aggressiveness level of said wolf, that may be quite a while before he gives up on getting you.

Similarly, a bear might climb on top of the car and start bashing in the windshield with his paws, or charge at the door, both scenarios cracking the glass, and again depending on the aggressiveness of that bear, might do that enough times to actually break through and injure you and maybe even attempt to pull you out of that car.

It would also be awesome if an animation for actually opening and closing the car door were added. And if the wolf was too close to you, would leap into the car before you could get the door shut. A bear would bite down on your legs and drag you out. Or you might slam it on his neck and send him running :D

Generaly it is a good idea, because cars like fishing huts are safest place ever.

No bear or wolf can come in and they even can't hurt you...

It should be possible, that a wolf or a bear could harm you even if you are in the car, a fishing hut or on a veranda.

It's been a long time since I've tried this because the results were not that welcome and things might have changed since then but you can try wounding a bear, retreating into a fishing hut, laying out your bedroll and going to sleep.

What used to happen was the bear would come through the walls of the hut and ... well you can guess the rest.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived