Xbox Low Framerate

WinterWhite

Playing on Xbox One, i have a quite permanent low framerate. with updates, the fps just dropped and now i have quite bad framerate. i mean, making the game less fun to play, not making me unable to play.

whan i am in interiors, that is correct but a bit low for interiors. but outside, it's quite disturbing, really shaky.

i also touched that issue under another topic:

until hinterland fix this problem with a proper update, i dont play the game on xbox because it makes the gaming experience worse. i haven't played the game for 2 weeks because of this. 

2 hours ago, Support said:

Could you please detail the exact situation you're seeing this occur in?

What region

Weather

Time of Day

What version you started to see this on

This will help us track down the issue.

Every region I visited so far on this run, Forlorn Muskeg and Mystery Lake.

On every weather, i dont think that i experienced any specially smooth weather

Every time of day

And this quite low framerate appeared after i tried Resolute Outfitter, I dont remember if it was like that at the update launch but now, even with the last hotfixes, it's here.

I've never experienced an immediate framerate drop from the moment a save has loaded in all the hours I've played TLD on my XBox, only after a few hours play, and that gets resolved immediately by reloading the game.

Have you tried clearing the Xbox cache?

1. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console until it powers down completely.
  2. Unplug the power cable from the back of the console so that the power brick in not connected to the console.
  3. Press the power button on the console three or four times. This will ensure that any remaining power in the battery is drained, clearing the cache on the console.
  4. Plug in the power cable back into the console.
  5. Wait for the light on the power brick to change from white to orange.
  6. Turn on the console using the power button.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm an XBox1 player, I've seen this problem.  Sound goes out too even though you just turned on the XBox when you come home from a long day at work.  The game needs a reboot (not the XBox).  When you get into The Long Dark, do your little "inside outside of house" save and then press your middle X button. Go down to the Long Dark game icon and press the triple horizontal lines (for More Options).  Go to quit.  Restart The Long Dark and things are always faster for me.  I think the game saves a huge temp cache while the game is active and inactive, even though it's running in the background.  I may be wrong, but doing this fixes my frame rate every time.

Archived