Things breaking my immersion that this is Canada

larkvi

KD: Kraft Dinner (in the blue box). Seriously, no one here has Kraft Dinner in their cupboards? This is not Canada, it is some kind of alien Potemkin Village that looks like Canada.

Ketchup Chips. Canadians are weird for these.

Maple Leafs/Sens/Canucks gear. I have found six maple leaf (flag) toques, but not a single Canucks toque (this is BC, after all), Sens jersey (to harvest for rags, obviously), or Maple Leafs (national losers) scarf. Who are these people? The Hockey Sweater* should be a easter egg. Also, I want to hit wolves with a hockey stick.

Duct Tape ("handyman's helper"). Also, put at least one Red Green poster somewhere. (Next to a workbench: "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.") https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/95/65/b9/9565b97db28f6c82c70a3f488d7fd84e.jpg

Maple Syrup. To be honest, forty days in I have still not found a maple sapling, but that doesn't strike me as odd as that there is no maple syrup in the cupboards of these 'Canadians.' Grade B amber in the tin can, please. I am also struck by the lack of cooking oil, rice, and noodles (see Kraft Dinner, above).

Honorable Mention: Inukshuks, Butter Tarts, Nanaimo Bars, Sugar Pie

* Non-Canadians can treat themselves to this inscrutable piece of national folklore by watching the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgydkfnUEi8

2 hours ago, larkvi said:

Ketchup Chips. Canadians are weird for these.

Maple Leafs/Sens/Canucks gear. I have found six maple leaf (flag) toques, but not a single Canucks toque (this is BC, after all), Sens jersey (to harvest for rags, obviously), or Maple Leafs (national losers) scarf. Who are these people? The Hockey Sweater* should be a easter egg. Also, I want to hit wolves with a hockey stick.

Maple Syrup. To be honest, forty days in I have still not found a maple sapling, but that doesn't strike me as odd as that there is no maple syrup in the cupboards of these 'Canadians.' Grade B amber in the tin can, please. I am also struck by the lack of cooking oil, rice, and noodles (see Kraft Dinner, above).

Honorable Mention: Inukshuks, Butter Tarts, Nanaimo Bars, Sugar Pie

* Non-Canadians can treat themselves to this inscrutable piece of national folklore by watching the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgydkfnUEi8

Quite the funny list :D

Personally, I prefer All Dressed over ketchup chips. And while there's lots of hockey swag something tells me Hinterlands doesn't have the budget to license an NHL logo! Although most people probably don't even know what Eaton's was these days so that reference may be lost ;)

There should definitely be some maple syrup around and I'd love to chow down on some Nanaimo bars. Too bad they wouldn't last long in game!

And welcome to the forums @larkvi and @Bjern! ^_^

Pretty sure you won't see brand named anything but yeah instant add water meal would be nice. 

I really want to see a Dudley Doright Canadian Mounty hat though... In the look out stations maybe a full Mounty get up... because Canada...

Don't see alcohol happening because of the maturity game rating systems I hear it's a pain once you get rated to make changes.

Chips oh yeah that'd be great.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived